Chapter 6

Sirius P.O.V.

After Cory ran out of the bathroom, I left slowly, feeling slightly depressed. Why did she affect me like this? I'd never felt like this before, ever. Not once. Never in my lifetime. No, I was always the one leaving girls depressed and heartbroken, they never left me. Well, except for Cory.

James and Lily came out of Slughorn's party, talking and laughing. So, James got his happy ending with Evans, but where was mine with Cory? "Oh, hey Sirius," Lily said, noticing me. She looked curiously at me and asked, "What's wrong?'

I sighed and answered in a dull voice, "Cory is what's wrong."

"What happened?"

"You remember how Amy slapped me?" They both nodded, listening intently. "Well, she was dabbing at my cheek with some wet towels and we...we kissed."

Lily squealed with excitement and James grinned widely. "Where is she? I have to go tell her something very important."

I just frowned and continued walking down the hall with James and Lily following behind me. "She left," I put it as simply as I could without giving them any clues. But, of course, Lily pestered me until she got the whole story. "FINE! We kissed and then she ran away..again," I shouted storming away.

Cory P.O.V.

I felt terrible, I'd left Sirius in that bathroom, running away just like I had last time. Although, last time I hadn''t even been friends with Sirius, or kissed him back. But this time was different. A lot different. I knew Lily would eventually get the story from Sirius and then come looking for me. Might as well enjoy the time I had alone now before I was having the life pestered out of me.

I headed up to the common room, dragging my feet across the floor and deep in thought. Sirius had intiated the kiss first, just like last time. Was it possible that he liked me? I mean, I know I like him, but I wasn't sure if he felt the same way.

Several people passed me in the halls, saying hi as they were most likely leaving from Slughorn's party. I would just mumble greetings back, ignoring when they tried to talk to me for a bit longer. After what seemed like several hours, but was probably more like five mintues, I made it up to the common room and slowly dragged myself up the stairs.

The other girls would most likely be sleeping already, so I tried as quietly as I could to open the door to the dorm room. Just my luck, they were all awake and anxiously waiting for Lily and I to return. Alice turned her head eagerly when I walked in and immediately asked, "So, how'd it go with Sirius?"

Marlene and Mary both nodded excitedly, waiting for me to answer. "I don't want to talk about it," I said shortly before pulling my pajamas out of my trunk. I quickly walked into the bathroom before they could question me further and changed out of my robes.

The girls were all whispering in hushed voices when I walked out. Joselynn opened her mouth to say something, but I jumped into my bed and pulled the hangings shut, not wanting to have to answer their questions.

I heard the door open and Marlene asked, "How was it?"

Lily responded, "It was surprisingly a lot of fun. Who knew James Potter could be so sweet?"

Alice and Mary snickered as Joselynn said, "Everyone but you Lily."

Lily P.O.V.

I glanced towards Courtney's bed, where the curtains were pulled shut. "What happened?" I asked quietly, turning to the other girls.

Marlene shrugged and said, "She walked in here and Alice asked her how it went, but she just said she didn't want to talk about it."

Poor Courtney, she must be so confused right now. I'll be honest, I was conflicted when I first realized I like James, but I think it's worse for Cory considering she's known Sirius a lot longer than I have James. Well, when she wants to talk to me, then I'll listen. Until she does, though, I'll just have to be supportive and not ask her questions.