An End Or A Start? (Germany x Reader)

Requested by Torii the Weird Potato

High School AU

[name] = your name

[e/c] = eye color

Narrator's POV

You gasped, tears gathering in your [e/c] eyes as you stared at the scene before you; your boyfriend kissing your best friend.

You covered your mouth, quickly ran away, the two too busy making out to even notice you.  Where you were running, you really didn't know, nor did you really care, you just wanted to get away from that scene.

Eventually, you found yourself on the roof of the school, where you sat down and let your tears spill.  You didn't even notice the door open a few moments later, nor the fact that someone else had stepped onto the roof as well.

"Oh..."  A voice said, making you looked up to see Ludwig, a classmate of yours.

"S-sorry,"  You said, standing up.  "I'll j-just g-go."  You started to move towards the door, only to be stopped by Ludwig.

"N-nein, it's fine, j-jou vere here first."  He said.  You nodded and sat back down, Ludwig sitting beside you.  It was then that you noticed that Ludwig's face was red and had a few tear stains.

"W-why are you c-crying?"  You asked.  Ludwig glanced at you before hugging his knees.

"Jou first."  He said.  You looked down and hugged your knees tightly.

"I j-just caught m-my boyfriend k-kissing my b-best friend."  You stuttered, more tears coming up.  Ludwig looked surprised.

"Jou too?"  He asked, making you look at him questioningly.  "Mein did too."  He said softly, his gaze turned to his shoes, like they were the most interesting thing in the world.  "I saw her kissing zhe captain of zhe Swim team."  He said quietly.  You sniffled and patted his back.

"I'm so sorry that we both have such bad luck."  You said.  Ludwig gave you a weak smile.

"Ja."  He said simply, before the self-pity filled silence took over.  Though it was broken by the sound of a phone vibrating.  Ludwig took out his phone, a frown working its way onto his face, so you peeked over his arm to read whatever was on the phone.

"Luddy aren't u coming 2 take me 2 the mall?"  It said, you recognizing it as Ludwig's girlfriend, or rather, ex girlfriend.  You looked and saw that Ludwig was deep in thought.

"A-are you going to go?"  You asked nervously.  Ludwig glanced at you and was silent.  A long, tense moment passed before he answered.

"... Nein..."  He said slowly.  "I zhink it vould be better to end zhis now."  He said.  You nodded.

"Yeah, it'll just hurt to be around that person more while knowing the truth."  You said.  Ludwig nodded and stood up, walking over to another part of the roof to make the phone call.  As you waited, you couldn't help but flinch as you heard Ludwig yell into the phone.

It was while this was happening that you got a text message from your own soon-to-be ex boyfriend.

"Babe, where r u?"  It said.  You stared at the message for a moment before taking a deep breath and beginning to type back.

"Don't call me babe you cheater."  You wrote, hitting send and then beginning to type more, knowing he'd see the three dots signifying that you were typing.  You also made this a group text to both him and you ex best friend.

"You cheated on me and with my best friend.  You both are horrible people and are meant for each other.  Never speak to me again."  You wrote, sending the message to them.  You then blocked the two, knowing full well that they were probably going to either say hurtful things to you or tell you excuses that you didn't want to hear.

With a sigh, you put your phone in your pocket and stood by the edge of the roof, leaning on the railing that was in front of the fencing.

"Broke it off?"  Ludwig said, snapping you from your thoughts.  You swallowed the lump in your throat and nodded.

"Yeah... you?"  You asked.  Ludwig stood beside you, also leaning on the rail.

"After a screaming match,"  He said, making you giggle softly.

"I never thought I'd break up by text."  You said.

"I never zhought zhat I vould break up over a phone call either."  Ludwig said.  "Zhough, after going zhrough vith it, I zhink I prefer doing it over zhe phone zhat doing it in person."  Ludwig added.  You nodded.

"Yeah, it's one thing to be yelled at over the phone, a whole other story when it is in person."  You said.  Ludwig hummed slightly before you two settled into silence, just a much less tense one.

After a while you decided it was time to get going.

"I should get going."  You said.  Ludwig glanced at his wrist watch and nodded.

"Ja, me as vell."  He said.  But before either of you could leave, you took out your cell phone.

"We should get together some time and do something."  You said.  Ludwig nodded.

"Ja, it vould be a big help to spend time vith someone vho-"

"-understands what you're going through."  You said, finishing Ludwig's thought.  Ludwig gave you a smile and nodded.

"Ja."  He said, taking out his own phone.  Once you two had exchanged numbers, you went off downstairs and parted at the doors, wondering an important question;

Is this the end of something, or the start of another?

~Fin~