There's A Way (DenNor) (Part 1)

Prince Denmark

x

Norway

Omegaverse AU

50TH CHAPTER!!!!!!

Narrator's POV

Mattias sighed as he sat by the window of his room, looking out forlornly onto the lands below, his eyes trailing towards the woods as he remembered what had transpired.

-------------- Flashback to 1 Week Ago ---------------

"Man that princess was a pain to go visit."  Mattias complained to his friend, Lord Berwald and Berwald's mate Tino as they rode back to the palace.  Tino nodded.

"I know your majesty, but you needed to go in order to see whether she was the right mate for you."  Tino said.  Mattias sighed.

"Yeah, yeah, but she was just way too spoiled for this future king."  Mattias said.

"Well... I can't say you're wrong in that respect."  Tino said.  Berwald nodded.  "But you need to find a mate.  You father really wants you to find a suitable omega or even beta to suit you, Prince Mattias."  Tino pointed out as Berwald hummed in agreement.  Mattias nodded glumly as they continued their journey.

Mattias knew his father wanted to make sure that the kingdom would be secure before he passed the throne down to Mattias, but honestly, so far none of the candidates were any good.  All of them were either silly, annoying, or really stuck up, like that last princess he met, Princess Francine [Nyo France].

'I just wish I could find the right-'  Mattias was pulled from his thoughts as his horse reared up at the sight of bandits.

"Whoa Peggy!"  Mattias yelled, trying to calm the horse down.  But with all the shouting and sounds of the guards fighting the bandits and the scent of blood filling the air, the horse was not calming.

But more problems arose when Peggy had an arrow shot into her hind quarters, not seriously injuring her, but startling her enough to bolt, with Mattias still holding on for dear life.

'Dear gods almighty!'  Mattias mentally yelled as he tried to stop Peggy and head back to the others, but before he knew it, a branch hit him on the head, knocking him out as he still held onto Peggy.

~Time Skip~

'... where...?  ... Where am I?'  Mattias thought as he groaned and opened his eyes, finding himself on the snow covered ground.  He glanced around before he spotted Peggy with a stranger.  Mattias was about to yell when he noticed that the stranger was tending to Peggy's wound.

Slowly, Mattias sat up and looked around, finding himself in some sort of frozen glade with a small frozen pond that he'd never seen before.  He stood up, staring in awe at the way the ice seemed to sparkle on the bare trees while the snow was still pure and glittering.

Mattias turned back to see the cloaked stranger gently petting Peggy who nuzzled back.  Mattias walked over.

"Hey!"  He said.  The figure flinched but turned around, face hidden by their fur cloak.  "Thanks for tending to Peggy while I was out cold."  Mattias said.  The stranger nodded but said nothing.

"Do you know where we are?"  Mattias asked.  The stranger nodded.

"Yes,"  Answered a cool monotone voice.  "You are in Frost Forest."  Mattias raised an eyebrow.