To Court A Naga (Naga FrUK)

Notes for readers:

Snakes smell by tasting the air and they often try to curl up on warm rocks to keep warm.

Nagas don't talk to communicate, they do so more by action and sounds but no normal human speech.

Also, Nagas "court" each other by trying to prove themselves as mates whether it is by presenting gifts or challenging others to fights, just to clear things up when you see how some nagas act.

Nagas also have a loose Alpha-Beta-Omega system going, so Arthur is a Beta while Francis & the rest are Alphas.

Narrator's POV

Arthur was... confused to say the least at how he ended up in this situation.  But let's first flashback to see how this situation arose.

-----------------------Flashback To The Day Before----------------------------------

Arthur had been laying on his favorite sun rock, his long emerald green tail wrapped around the rock he had been laying on, absorbing the heat that was coming off of it.  He was just dozing off when he picked up an unfamiliar scent of another male, an alpha.

Deciding not to bother with this male, Arthur got up and went through a bush filled with perfume-like flowers that would hide his scent.  He then made his way towards a large tree and climbed up it till he reached a nice height where he could safely watch his sun area without being seen.

He watched as another male naga came over into the clearing.  He observed that this male had long blond hair and a deep blue tail, very different from those of Arthur's family, which had various shades of yellow and green.

Arthur watched with curiosity as the new male seemed to have no interest in resting on the warm sun rock.  Instead, the male appeared to be searching for something, because he repeatedly stuck his tongue out, trying to catch a scent, and strained his ears trying to hear something.  Arthur couldn't help but raise an eyebrow.

'What in the world could that wanker be looking for?  Food?'  Arthur shook his head.  'Hardly, most animals know to avoid this area because us nagas like to frequent it.'  Arthur reasoned as he watched the male continue to search the clearing.

After a while, Arthur grew bored and carefully made his way down the tree, slithering away from the male who had still been searching for something.  Arthur noted that the sun was going to set soon and went off to his cave, which was nice and warm now.

Arthur prepared his bedding and curled up, letting sleep take over.

~Meanwhile With Francis~

Francis continued to fruitlessly search the clearing for the source of that enchanting scent he had caught.  He just couldn't take his mind off the scent of the other naga.

'What a wonderful scent belonging to a wonderful creature!'  Francis thought as he rested on the warm rock.  He had never caught something like this before.  But the wondrous scent seemed to vanish, like it was simply a ghost.  Francis shook his head.

'I will come back tomorrow.'  He resolved as he headed back to his cave to rest for the night, dreaming about the how wonderful the scent would be when he was up close to the one who made it.

------------------------Time Skip To Next Day ----------------------------

Arthur awoke the next day and went about his daily routine of waking up, sunning himself a bit, and going out hunting for a bit of protein.  Afterwards he cleaned himself up and picked a few delicious berries to eat.  At high noon Arthur headed to his favorite sun spot and was not pleased to find the strong scent of the other male lingering there.