I Never Meant To Hurt You (GerIta) (Part 1)

Narrator's POV

It was early in the twilight hours when a single man made his appearance near a large estate in Northern Italy.  He was tall and well-built, with slicked back blond hair and piercing icy blue eyes.  Cloaked in black, the man made his way over to the door, knocking on it.

"Feliciano,"  He said in a deep accented voice.  "Open zhe door."  No sound was heard, nor was the door opened.  The blond sighed and hovered his hand over the doorknob, his eyes briefly flashing red before going back to blue.  He then pushed the door open and went through into the dark and quiet mansion.

"Feli, vhere are jou?"  He called out.  He heard a small sound and strained his ears, catching the sounds of someone softly crying.  Feeling worried, the blond hurried down the halls till he reached a bedroom where the sobs were coming from.

"Feliciano,"  He said, placing his hand on the door.  "Please, I know jou are in zhere, so let me in."  The sobs quieted for a moment, but resumed, only softer.

"..."

"Feliciano, vhat did jou say?"  The blond asked.

"... Ludwig,"  A fragile voice said.  "Please-a, please just-just-a g-go a-away."  Feliciano said, stuttering from sobs.  Ludwig placed his forehead on the door.

"Feli... please let me in, I need to speak vith jou."  Ludwig said, desperation heard in his voice.

"Why?  So you-a can do what you-a did to-a Gilbert to-a me?"  Feliciano asked, anger, hurt, and betrayal heard in his voice.

"Nein!"  Ludwig exclaimed.  "Feliciano, I swear to jou zhat-"

"No!"  Feliciano exclaimed.  "Don't-a lie to me!  I-a know what I-a saw!"

"Feli-"

"I-a saw you-a drinking your-a brother's blood!  I-a saw it, fangs and-a all!"  Feliciano yelled.  Ludwig was taken aback, forcing him into silence.

"... Feliciano... I... I didn't vant jou to know..."  Ludwig said, hurt heard clearly.

"You-a didn't want me to-a know!"  Feliciano roared in anger, causing Ludwig to wince.  "My-a lover, who I-a trusted, didn't-a want me to-a know he's a vampire, who-a drinks his-a brother's blood!"  Ludwig was shocked.  Never had he been yelled at by Feliciano, it was usually the other way around.

"I didn-"

"Just-a stop!"  Feliciano cried out.  Feliciano opened the door, looking sick and pale, tears streaking down his flushed face.  "I-a don't want to-a hear any of your-a excuses!  All that-a does is-a bring me pain!  I-I, I-a never want to-a see you-a again!  Now-a leave!"  Feliciano yelled before slamming the door shut, locking it.

Ludwig stood there, frozen.  Just days ago they were acting like a normal couple; holding hands, eating together, cuddling on the couch, and spending nights in each other's arms.  And now they were over.  Ludwig couldn't believe it; on the other side of this door, his lover - no, ex-lover - was crying his heart out after saying that they were over.

Ludwig stood there for a while, still shocked till he slowly came out of his daze.  He looked to the door and placed his hand on it, quickly withdrawing it as he felt a strong sting that could only come from a holy object.

"... Alright, Feliciano,"  Ludwig said in a cracking voice.  "If jou never vant to see me again, zhen zhat is fine, just let me say zhis; Ich liebe dich, and I never meant to hurt jou."  Tears now streaming down his face, Ludwig turned on the heel, biting his lip to prevent the sobs from escaping, and walked out of the house, disappearing into the mist.