Where Did We Go Wrong? (UsUk)

Note:

Listen to the music as you read, it really sets a good mood for the beginning scene.

Narrator's POV

Water was everywhere you looked; running down the streets and sidewalks, dribbling down the glass windows of shops, sliding off umbrellas, and soaking people to the bone.

'Almost like the sky is crying...'  One man mused as he sat in the back of a tucked away bar, looking out a small window where he could see the rain falling.

With a sigh, the man turned his eyes towards the glass set before him, containing a liquid he was all too familiar with;

'Liquor,'  He thought with a dry chuckle, lifting the glass up.  He turned it as he watched the liquid and the ice sparkle in the dim lighting of the bar, like gems.

'Here's to you liquor old chap, my sole companion who's never failed me.'  The blond thought sarcastically as he took a drink, savoring the burning sensation in his throat as the scotch went smoothly down, like the jazz being played in the bar by a live band.  The blond set the empty glass down as a waiter came over.

"Care for another round Arthur?"  He asked.  The blond, Arthur nodded, not breaking his gaze away from the window.

"Bring the bottle too."  Arthur said.  The waiter nodded and hurried off to the bartender.  Arthur just sat by and waited as he overhead a nearby duo chatting while grabbing their coats.

"-Rain hasn't been letting up,"  One observed.  His companion nodded.

"Aye, it's been gettin' worse and worse."  The other said.

"Yep, maybe it's a sign that your love life is ruined."  The first one joked as his companion laughed along with him.  Arthur just gazed down at the glass set before him by the waiter.  Once the laughing duo were gone, Arthur took a hold of his glass.

"'Love life being ruined'?  Hmf."  Arthur muttered to himself as he leaned back, taking a sip of the bronze liquid.  "I can't believe even gits like him are able to see it too."  Arthur grumbled angrily to himself.

"Calm down Arthur old chap,"  Arthur said to himself as he tried relaxing back on the leather seat, turning his gaze to the wet world out the window.  "Losing my bloody temper will just cause this bloody storm to get worse."  He mumbled as he took another sip of his drink.

'That's it Arthur, just do what you've always bloody done when you felt like this,'  Arthur told himself as he reached over to the full bottle of scotch and poured the liquid into the his empty glass, taking the time to appreciate the sparkle.

'Almost as much as his eyes did...'  Arthur thought with a far off look in his eyes till he shook his head.

"No bloody point in thinking about him anymore..."  Arthur said with a sigh now watching drops of water drip down the window's glass.

"... Where...?  ...Where did we go wrong...? ... America..."  Arthur said as he slowly sipped the painful liquid.

'You know that answer already Arthur.'  The voice in the back of his head said.