Chapter 26: The Light that Took me Away

Chapter 26 The Light That Took me Away

Juliet Rose

BEFORE ASHER CAN GET INTO any more trouble, we drove back to his house. Mom has a night shift tonight so she won't be back until morning. I'll be able to stay at Asher's for as long as I want and Mom won't even know. The thought of being in Asher's house for that long gives me shivers.

I immediately pull off the irritating heels off me, massaging the soles of my feet. Gosh, does beauty hurt.

[A/N: I bet it hurts you, too because it hurts to know you don't have any! Haha, sorry I had to :3]

His Mom is in the kitchen, stirring up what seems to be some clam chowder soup. I've never actually seen Asher's Mom, though I have heard amazing things about her from his constant bickering. Once her eyes lock with mine, her spoon drops to the countertop and she wraps her thin arms around me. I freeze up a bit at first, but then I soon find my hands patting her back. Her hair is soft and a lightly blonde tone with not a single gray hair sticking out.

So much for having the last name of Grey.

"My goodness, you look so beautiful!" She finally let's go, showing me a signature Asher Grey smile, but in a more sweet, motherly way. "How was Prom?"

I think of Noah again, and how he's now probably complaining to the school administrators about Asher.. Great.

Before my mouth can even spill the bananas, Asher answers her question for me. "It was great, Mom," he smiles, sneaking his arm around my waist.

I gulp. Is he trying to get me embarrassed in front of his own mother? Maybe this is his way of leaving me. He'll make his Mom hate me, then blame it on her so he could stop hanging out with me. He thinks that I would easily give him up just like that, so he wants to leave me before I can leave him! Then I'll live alone for the rest of my entire life living with twenty cats who will eventually die or run away while Megan and West are on their freakin' honeymoon. Asher will be married to some hot Victoria Secret model, and they'll have ten kids then rub it in my face!

I guess you could say I tend to overthink things.

"Why don't you bring Jules to your room, Asher? You can come back down if any of you get hungry, too." She grins once again, leaning on the kitchen counter.

He nods, leading me upstairs. As we run up the footsteps I hear his Mom shout, "don't do anything you'll regret up there!"

I let out a small giggle as his cheeks turn pink. I smile at him, just so he knows that his Mom is extremely cool and he shouldn't be embarrassed at all. Our hands intertwine as he opens the door to his room.

His room is simple. He has a desk covered in books and drool marks, a jumbo TV, and a made bed covered in navy blue sheets. His love of sports is plastered against the wall with his infinite number of basketball and football posters.

Blood rushes to my cheeks as I resist beginning a make out session with him. I continue to examine the Asher Grey exhibit, smiling at the wondrous things I find. Fortunately his six pack is one of them.

I stare at him with my mouth wide open as he tugs off his black tuxedo, peeling off another layer of his outfit to reveal his mesmerizing abs. His muscles flex in a way I didn't know could happen, and all I can do is stare

"Jules, what's wrong?" he asks, lifting an eyebrow.

"N-Nothing. It's just that-" I find myself once again hypnotized by his amazing body. I shake my head, trying to snap myself out of it. "Put on your shirt! I can't concentrate!"