Chapter 14: Tag you're it!

Chapter 14 ❤️ Tag, You're It!

Megan Green

THE HALLWAYS CLEAR, AN avalanche of teens heading to their classes. I sigh, trying to forget everything that had happened the other night. My entire weekend was filled with overly used tissues, a great amount of tears, and watching Titanic and Twilight all over again, making me believe in love. Lies, they're all lies!

I look at a glass window, allowing me to see my reflection. The bags under my eyes taunt me as I realize I didn't care to dress myself this morning. I wear a faded grey sweater and ripped jeans, along with dirty sneakers and a messy ponytail. Rich girls aren't supposed to dress like this, especially when you have an outfit for everyday of the year.

"How dare you post that?!" I hear a familiar voice scream. I make my way down the empty hallway, trying to track down the mystery voice.

"It was a joke," another high-pitched voice snarls. I back up, making sure my body is unseen. I glance at two figures; one rather curvy, and the other one tall and flat.

I instantly notice the red waves and the brown locks.

"How am I supposed to hear something, and just ignore it later on? I had to tell people the news, West!" Ella shouts, squinting her olive green eyes at him.

"You don't understand! You can't just go around in peoples business, then tell everyone you know! That was private, Ella. It's bad enough Meg dissed me, you didn't have to embarrass me in front of the entire school!" he yells, leaning against one of the lockers.

"Listen, what's done is done. I already posted the tweet about you and Meg, so it's over. Everyone knows about it, and you can't undo the past. Just get on with your life!"

"How can I go on with my life when it's completely ruined?! The one time I actually admit my feelings to Meg, you have to tell everyone?! You are sick, Ella. You are sick, just plain sick!"

A witch-like cackle escapes her mouth, as if this whole thing was just a 'prank'. I'm just about to wipe that fake smile off her face, but I realize that I don't want West to think I'm being intrusive. I already did enough to harm him. Did she tell everyone about our fight?!

Before I could do anything, I see West slam Ella into the locker, his fist tugging on the collar of her blouse. He grits his teeth as his fist clenches into a ball. I've never seen him this infuriated before! Although West isn't the strongest guy in our school, his stick arms could do a lot when he's frustrated.

"West, stop! You're hurting me!" she cries, trying to push him away before he beats her to death. I want to stop this, but I'm too busy thinking on what to do. If I stop it, West will know I was eavesdropping on their conversation. If I don't stop this, Ella could be severely hurt by the time he's finished with her. On second thought, I think number two's a pretty good option.

Stop it, Meg!

Just as I'm about to walk in to save Ella (ugh), West lets go of her shirt. I glimpse at his beating chest, him red with furiousness. She really does have a way of getting people angry.

He threatens, "delete that tweet, and I swear if anything happens to Meg because of this-."

"Okay, I get it, Romeo," she sneers, folding her arms. For a woman who was just about to be killed, she has some gut to still be able to back talk to him.

The sound of clacking heels give me shivers down my back; Ms. Davis. "both of you should be at the cafeteria! Go and leave now. PDA is not allowed in this school," she squints her eyes at West and Ella, who were awfully close to each other.

"Me and Ella- kissing? You must be joking!" West laughs, holding his stomach.

I giggle, too. Only because it truly is funny. Ella is not one to kiss West, no matter how hot he is. They've been mortal enemies ever since they met, so it's a need for her to despise him. Or anyone, at least.

Ms. Davis folds her arms, tapping her foot to indicate that she's waiting for them to leave. I realize that she will eventually see me, too, so I walk quickly to the bathroom, pretending I just came out of it. Once she reaches me, I moan, "stomach cramps."

She nods, walking straight down the hallway, and her silhouette disappears before my eyes.

I laugh as I bump into West, my shoulders colliding with his chest. I look up into his exquisite, chocolate brown eyes. He stares at me, his pearly white teeth and pink lips exceedingly desirable. Wait -- what am I thinking?

"Meg, can we talk?" he asks, scratching the back of his head apprehensively.

"About what?" I reply, hoping he won't catch the nervous tone in my voice.

"About us. We can't pretend that the other night never happened."

I sigh, "okay."

He leads me to another hallway, far away from the principals office and the cafeteria. I can tell he wants to go somewhere private, otherwise this'll be all over Twitter again. "So what's up?"

"I-I just wanted to say... Say that I'm shrrrary," he mumbles, covering his mouth at the last word.

I giggle, "you're what?"

"Shrrarry."

"What?"

"Sorry, alright? I just wanted to say I'm sorry! I shouldn't have overreacted like that."

A smile forms on my face. "Did West Thompson just say he's sorry? The guy who's always acting tough even though he barely has any muscles?" I laugh.

He rolls his eyes at me. "Hey, I'm ten times stronger than you."

"Oh really? I bet you can't even-," I get interrupted by my body lifting up into the air, myself now on his back. "Put me down jerk!"

He laughs, "I don't think so!"

I smack him continuously, trying to make him let me go. Honestly, I am enjoying this. With everything going on right now, I just want to have fun for once. And I would never have thought I would've ever gotten that from him.

I squirm out if his grasp, but that only makes him determined to catch me once again. We play a game of tag around the halls for nearly ten minutes without anyone noticing. I take a break to wipe the sweat off my forehead, allowing him to capture me. He tackles me down to the hard floor, both of us exceedingly close to one another.

"Can we forget what happened the other night?" West asks, his hot breath blowing on my face.

"That depends," I grab the collar of his shirt, flipping him onto his back so my body lays on his. I push him to the ground and smile, "don't fall in love with me."

***

When I wrote this, I imagined the scene from Shrek when he carried Fiona on his shoulder. Just in case you were wondering how it would look like.

What will happen to Jules and Asher?

Will they get together?

How will Megan react?