Chapter 24: Prom?

Chapter 24Prom?

Juliet Rose

"NO, AVA. I'M NOT GOING TO prom," I say, staring at the new 'Prom' poster hanging on the wall.

It's been nearly two or three weeks already, and everyone was really separated. Asher hung out with the jocks, West sat with old friends, while Meg's with some popular girls and I have Ava.

"Oh, come on! Please!" she begs, tugging at my arm. "I know you had a great time at the Valentines Day dance."

"But, this dance will be different. A bad different. Who am I going to go out with, anyway?" I question.

She points to Asher as he slaps some dudes hand all happy-like. I groan. "Um, no."

"Um, yes," she says, smiling.

God, I wish I could be full of contentment everyday. With all the abuse she's gotten from Ella, you wouldn't expect her to be all happy like this.

"Pleeeeeaaaaase! I'll buy you your dress and makeup and drive and everything!" she pleads.

"No, Ava!" I yell.

"Please!"

"No."

"Please!"

"No."

"Por favor!"

"No!"

"My gosh, what will it take?" she whines.

"Nothing, because I am not no matter what you say!" I shout, folding my arms.

After a long silence, she finally talks."Please," she mumbles.

Oh my God, this girl makes me want to rip my hair out! She's so freakin' annoying!

"No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no, and in case you didn't hear me the first time; NO!" I decline. "Now stop being so stubborn!"

Suddenly, I see West and Asher shake hands. From the distance I can hear West say, "Friends?"

"Friends." Asher nods, giving him a manly hug.

I can't help but smile. I'm glad they're buddying up again, if that's how boys say it. I stop my focus on them and focus on Ava, who's still begging me to come.

"Ava, I said no! Unless you can get a hot boy to magically appear and ask me out, then no." I shake my head.

Then, a smile forms on her face. That can't be good. "Look who's heading your way."

I turn around to see a boy five inches away from my face.

Holy motherbrother ship.

He flashes me a pearly white smile, and suddenly I recognize his adorable face. "Juliet Rose, how nice to see you."

"You too, Noah." I smile back.

Ava backs away, and I shoot her a bad look. She giggles, saying, "I've got to go somewhere. Yeah, somewhere important. So bye!" Before she leaves, she gives me a thumbs up along with a cute wink.

I gulp, suddenly worried about how I look. Did I brush my teeth this morning? Did I forget to comb my hair? Do I have spinach in my teeth? Do I even eat spinach?

"You're looking fine today," he compliments, making me blush.

I try to remember all those flirting tips I've ever read on WikiHow.

"I like your hair." He smiles. Curse his good looks.

"Thanks, I grew it myself." I immediately stop smiling.

Oh God. Please say I did not just say that! Oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God!

Why was this so easy with Asher?

Oh yeah, it wasn't.

He starts laughing. "You're too cute."

I feel the blood rush to my cheeks. I so badly want to say, 'Stop complimenting me, please! You're torturing me!'

"Alright, but it's going to be hard since you have so many things to compliment about." He winks.

Did I say that aloud?

"I'm sorry, just nervous," I confess.

"Don't be." He smiles. Again. "So, do you want to go to Prom with me?"

I seriously hate Ava right now. What kind of black magic is this?!

"Prom? As in the dance-prom, or the memory chip-prom?" I slap myself in the forehead, how do I even know the other definition of Prom, anyway?

What am I doing to myself?!

"Never mind. And I think you know the answer," I say, biting my lip.

I needed to get over Asher somehow, maybe this would be the way how.

I look behind him, and then see Asher throwing away a rose into the garbage.

I wonder what he was doing with that rose. Was he gardening or-

Oops.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Sorry, this chapters really short! I wanted to publish a new chapter so badly!

Anyway, prom is definitely next chapter! YAYZ!

And who is this Noah?

Find out innnnnn...

CHAPTER 25!!