Chapter 7: Megan on Ice

Chapter 7 Megan on Ice

Juliet Rose

I TUG AT ASHER'S ARM "LET'S follow them!" I beg, "Please!"

"No. Its their problem, not ours," He replies.

"But it's your fault for inviting them. They were tempted to come here because of you!" I accuse.

"She's right. It's sort of our fault for dragging them here," West agrees.

Asher stays silent for a moment, then finally speaks up, "Fine."

I toss my hands up in the air, feeling like a winner. We grab our stuff, and run through the hot sand. Once we reach the white BMW, I hop into the car. I wasn't sure why I wanted to follow them so badly, but all I knew was that I had to help them. I feel like I need to repay them. I don't know what for, but I need to.

"Hurry up slowpoke!" I demand, bouncing myself into the front seat.

"Okay, okay. I'm trying here!" Asher responds.

"Why do you get the front seat?" West complains, mimicking the voice of a four year old. Or at least I think he was trying to do that...

"Because I'm a girl. Ladies go front," I smirk.

"I'm pretty sure it's 'ladies go first', not front!" He snaps.

"And how would you know? You got an F for God's sake!" Ash laughs.

"What're you talking about? I didn't see any minuses on my report card."

"I meant in life," he smirks.

* * *

We get to the park in about twenty minutes, just in time to see Kay fighting with a tall redhead. The girl has perfectly straight hair, along with combat boots, jeans, and an Abercrombie sweater.

"You two were late. Hear that? Late! And I told you both, if you're late, you're out! I'm the boss of this club, not you, and I can kick out whoever I want. And we all know, I don't pity anyone." She snaps with her devious eyes glaring at her.

"Oh that's it, Ella!" Kay shouts, aiming her fist at her forehead.

Fortunately, Asher came quick enough to block her hand away from her. Ella's green eyes widened with fear, although she still kept the evil glow hidden beneath her lashes.

"Listen, Goldilocks. Nothing you can say or do will change my mind. You and little daddy's girl here are done! Understand?" Ella snarled.

I could see Meg's cheeks turn beet red while Kayla's eyes glowed the same color. I already knew this Ella girl was an enemy of theirs, and I was about to find out why.

"What's your problem?" I growl, glaring at Ella. Everyone stares at me like I'm crazy, and I mean everyone. I swear I saw steam escape from her ears, like those three words actually meant something to her.

"What's my problem? My problem?" She repeats. "My problem is that your little friends here are late. L-A-T-E, late! I don't allow people to show up late, not do anything, and get the credit that they don't deserve!"

"I understand. They're late, but it's not like that has never happened to you before! People make mistakes and learn from them. There was traffic and they couldn't make it in time. Not their fault."

Kay adds, "I mean, you're clothes are so late but you don't see us complaining about it!"

She rolls her eyes. "And is it my fault they were relaxing at the beach so they couldn't get here on time? You expect me to forgive them, so they could do it all over again? I don't think so, new girl. I don't think so," She took a step closer to me each time she said another word. Her words stung and echoed in my mind.