Chapter 12: Betrayal - Part ll

Chapter 12 - Part ll Betrayal

Juliet Rose

"OOPS," ELLA SMIRKS AS I TRIP over her foot. I can hear my screams for help as my body slams into the snack table. The pretzels and chips decorate my body. I bite my bottom lip as my face turns beet red. Thank God there were no drinks on the table.

Too late.

She grabs a cup of punch, and I wait for her to pour it all over my head. It's better to just get this over with. Mom didn't say anything about coming home in juice, right?

"Don't. You. Dare," Ava threatens, blocking Ella's hand from pouring.

She squints her eyes at her, "what are you going to do about it?"

"This," She pushes the cup against her, allowing it to pour all over Ella's ocean blue dress. I laugh uncontrollably, covering my mouth with my hand.

"Y-You will pay! You'll all pay!" she marches away screaming to herself, trying to wipe the punch off of her thousand dollar gown. I silently laugh to myself as I wait for her to say 'and your little dog, too!'.

Ava shrugs, "it was time for me to stand up to myself."

I'm just about to give her a hug when I realize that everyone -- and I mean everyone -- is laughing at me. I try to take the food out of my hair, but it's no hope. They already saw me as a wreck. I touch my eyes, which were bleeding mascara. I stand up, looking for the nearest way out of here.

I struggle trying to run in the heels. There was no use to try if I can't even walk in them. I stop running once I reach a place out of the school. It has a running silver fountain decorated with exquisite flowers. Must be the school garden, I think.

"Jules?" I hear Asher say.

Just great.

"Leave me alone, Ash," I demand. I was trying to make it sound like I was angry, but it transformed into an abashing sob.

He steps forward to me, his hands behind his back. I can tell he was struggling on what he should say, or even do. I can't blame him, though. I'm never good at approaching crying people, either.

"Jules, I... I don't know what to say. It's all my fault, I-," he says.

"How the heck is it your fault?" I interrupt, sitting on the edge of the fountain. "If anything, it was my fault for being my clumsy self."

"No, I should've helped you. All I did was stop and look at you in complete shock. Even Ava helped you out, and you know she's the shyest person in this entire school!"

"Just, just... Stop. You're making me feel guilt for this. It wasn't your fault at all. It was just -- We were so in the moment that we didn't realize what we were doing. I'm sick and tired of these almost kisses! All we ever do is try and then it ends up all wrong and leads to embarrassment. All these thoughts are traveling through my head and-."

I get interrupted by the warmth of Asher's lips on mine, his warm hands cradling my cheeks. Blood rushes throughout my body, causing me to become lightheaded. My heart stops beating as a million butterflies flutter in my stomach.

I would never have imagined my first kiss to be in such an exquisite place. It's so perfect; beautiful flowers chanting for us as we kiss, the scenery just flawless.

I pull away quickly, realizing I don't want it to get too far.

I grin at him, touching my lips once more. He takes a thin piece of my hair, putting it behind my ear. This can't be his first kiss, it's like he was trained to give girls this feeling.

Broken [ ON HIATUS ]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara