Chapter 20: Goodbye

Chapter 20 ❤️ Goodbye

Megan Green

I SMILE. HE SMILES. I laugh. He laughs. I flirt. He flirts.

I wonder if this is truly me liking West, or if this is all fake and I'm doing this for Asher. It's sad that I, myself, doesn't even know.

"French fry, my beauty?" He offers, wiggling a fry in my face.

"No thanks, my beast," I laugh.

We're in a relationship now, and it's funny how almost everyone knows already. Our status is now 'tweetable', I guess you could say. But part of me is doing this for Ash, and I will dread the moment West finds out this was all an act.

I look up at Kay, who blinks tears off her face. Her eyes are red, and so is her thin nose. The midnight black mascara drips down her cheekbone as she wipes another teardrop away, trying desperately to stop sobbing. I must have been so caught up with West that I forgot about Kay. I freeze, unable to say anything about this.

"Kay? Are you okay?" West speaks for me. He leans over to her, patting her on the back. "What happened?"

She stutters, "I-I... I can't say."

I pass her a napkin, even if I know that'll do no help. She wipes away the bleeding make up off her face, trying to find her words.

"I wanted to, to tell you guys, but... You were all so busy with your arguments and relationships and what not. You never had time for me."

I've never seen her cry like this before. In fact, I've never seen her cry. She would let out a little sigh every once in a while, but nothing ever got to her so much that she actually had to cry. I hate myself for not knowing that my best friend was experiencing so much pain. I'll hate myself even more if I found out that pain was from me.

"Kay, I don't understand. What's happening to you?" I purse my lips together as Jules and Asher walk into our conversation.

"Oh my God," Jules says, startled to see that Kay was actually is crying.

Asher said nothing. His immediate instinct was to comfort Kay as much as possible. "It's going to be alright."

I love how he didn't immediately ask what was happening and held his curiosity in. Unlike us, who instantly tried to figure out why she was crying.

He whispers, "do you want to tell us what's going on?"

She nods her head weakly. Before she can even talk, Ella starts laughing. Evilly.

"Awe, what's the matter, KayKay?" she laughs, talking in a mommy voice.

"It's none of your concern, Carmella," I spit, squinting my eyes at her.

"Shut up, daddy's girl. Is it so bad that I want to comfort Kayla-Wayla here?"

I steam up with anger. Usually, Kayla would slap the living kelp out of Ella right now, but she's too weak to even do anything. She knows her weaknesses, and when Kay is way too depressed to even talk.

"Just get the heck outta here, alright?" West shouts, pointing to the exit.

Okay, West is angry. This is officially something serious.

"I can do whatever I want with this bi-"

I hear a slap. I look at Ella, who's cupping her cheek in total shock. I glance at Jules, who's palm is red from slapping that devil.

Fortunately, the bell rings before Cruella could do anything to hurt her. She had no chance of hurting Jules anyway. Asher and West were there to defend her, but not me. I'm still furious with that girl.