Cry Me a River: Ashton

"Alright Ian. Mom needs me, I'll see you later."

The party had been awesome for Ashton. He had loved every second of it, meeting his old friends, being the centre of attention, being in the real world full of people and not in a dark room with a chair.

He loved it.
He loved all of it.

Ian waved in response and walked away.
Ashton gazed at the Shakespeare themed Wilshire Hall. A group of girls were dancing in the centre. Boys laughed. Parents drank. They all lived simple, normal lives.

Would he have lived a normal life if Tori Hastings hadn't done all that to him?

Fuck you, bitch.

Ashton sighed. He needed some space. Who was the second kidnapper didn't matter, did it?

Of course it did.

If they didn't make sure he was behind bars, he would come for him. Or Avril. Or Madeline and Adele and Ariana.
There lives were in danger as long as the Helper was on the loose.
And how do they find him?

He sighed again. Never mind. Someday, you'll get the hell you deserve, he thought.
A sigh again.

He closed his eyes.

The Caribbean sea came in view.
Carnival Glory harboured near the shore.
And flames burning around the deck.

"Just leave me Tori. I don't know what you want."
The tall girl with straight rose-gold hair turned her face back. "Can't you keep that mouth of yours close for a time? It's so dark and my friend here can't drive if you keep breaking his concentration!" She snapped. "Who's this friend of yours, huh? Tell me so I make sure you BOTH go to juvie." I replied.
"Are you worthy enough, huh? Do you think I'm such a fool? You'll die there. Ashton Kahn. Mark my words. You are going to die and your family is going to live a dead life. You know what grief is? Of course, why would YOU know? You haven't been miserable for once in your life, have you? You have always been the super-star, haven't you? Of course you'll die. You deserve nothing but a deadly, rotten grave. You are such a chick, aren't you? Huh. I hate you Ashton Kahn. You are so mean. You think wealth is the world. You think beauty is the world. Don't you find having the best muscles, having the best grades, having the perfect eyes, having the perfect clothes, shoes-"
Her words were so powerful, her expression meaner. She meant it. And how right she was. There I was, living a beautiful life.
Of course I had no idea what misery is. I'd never been miserable for a second. Hah. She was giving me a lesson. The feeling was so intense, her words ruling my brain, empowering my veins. I was so useless. Have I ever cried? Have I ever thought why people say Life is just a Lie? Did I ever care why was the guy behind the coffee shop shutters crying? Did I ever gave it a second thought what did that guy felt when I called him Bozo? Or what was going on with that girl I heard of whose parents died a day ago?
Of course, what was I capable of feeling?
And there I had always thought I was the perfect me. The boy who could do anything. The boy who ruled. The boy who lived.
"Noel, take a left turn from here."
"What the fuck Tori, I told you, you weren't supposed to say my name."
I peeked as Tori turned her head back, and then faced the guy with her.
"He's asleep. Don't worry."

But I wasn't sleep. I was wide awake. I was awake too much.

Noel was doing this to me.
And this was all because of my Super-Star self.

Life is just a Lie.

And for the first time in ever, I felt it to be so, so real. The reality of this was ever-awakening, it's power would have killed a soul.

Life is just a Lie.

Ashton stood by the staircase, his eyes blurry, his vision hazed.
How did he forget this? Noel. He was the helper. Noe kidnapped him. And of course he had to. And he did the perfect thing. He needed such a lesson.