The Helena Bonham Carter

Eleanor Campbell ordered her students to refresh their make-ups as more and more guests filed in. It was the school's Drama Day. A strong smell of new and fresh daises hung in the humid air.

Avril spotted her Mom sitting in the fifth row, dressed professionally in a white blouse with a sequined black skirt. Her Mom waved. Courtney sat next to her, wearing the yellow dress from her Princeton's farewell with Stiletto Heels. Fancy seeing her here. Two seats to the right sat her Dad, smiling. He wore a tux, which was a good sign. He actually wanted to watch her act. She had to make it awesome. She had to impress her Dad that she was better than both Courtney and Ashton.

And then it struck her. Hadn't her Dad read the news? Of course he had. Or if he hadn't, someone must have told him. There must be tons of reporters after him. Did her Dad believe in the rumors? Did he hate her? No, he won't hate her, ever. And why will he believe such spam, right?

Someone cleared her throat in the microphone. Mr. Hawkins stood on the stage, his head high. "Good Morning, Ladies and Gentlemen, I am really glad to welcome you to Clifton High's production of Shakespeare's tragedy, Hamlet. With great praise to our very genius Ms. Campbell along with her talented actors, I welcome the performers to begin their play. I hope you all enjoy." And with this he turned off the microphone and headed down the stage.

Ms. Campbell hushed the 1st Act crew on the backstage. Avril gazed at her deep tea-pink Ophelia gown. She can do it. No Laura Sheppard can stop her. No Tori Hastings can frame her. No prison can trap her. She was Avril Kahn, and she was perfect.

When the second scene ended, Avril headed towards the stage with Len McMurdo, the senior playing Laertes. The curtain went up, as they took positions.

Len began, "My necessities are embark'd: farewell: And sister, as the winds give benefit, And convoy is assistant, do not sleep, but let me hear from you."

Sister. She was being blamed to kill Ashton. This was so bad. She felt miserable. She hated everyone. The world was full of greedy people. Who would kill, and then hide? Where are you killer?

"Will you, sister?"

Avril snapped to attention. The School Drama. She was Ophelia. What were her lines? The audience was snickering. Len gave her an upsetting look. The prompter blared in her earphone, guiding her her lines. She had never used guidance during her plays. What on earth was wrong with her? She quickly went through her lines, sweat pouring down her foreheads.

One the scene ended, and the curtain went down, she sighed aloud. Eleanor Campbell rushed towards her, anxiety on her face. "What's wrong Avril? Didn't you learn your lines? So pathetic! Don't ruin everything girl. Don't ruin nine weeks of non-stop practice. Please!"

"Uh-I...I'm sorry." She mumbled.

"What do you mean sorry? Do it Avril, you can! Calm down."

Oh my God. She can't ruin it. She was the star here. Not the police. Not Tori Hastings. No one but her. Nothing could destroy her.

When her next scene was announced, she glanced at herself the last time in the mirror and headed for the stage.

She gazed at the audience. Her Dad looked miserable. Even Courtney was worried. Everyone had nasty smirks on their faces. She was making a fool of herself.

"O, my lord, my lord, I have been so affrighted!" she said. She tried to dissolve herself deep into Ophelia's character. The naïve, loyal Ophelia, unaware of the world's harsh realities. "My Lord, I do not know. But truly, I fear this."

When her last scene ended, she finally jumped out of Ophelia. There was a tap-tap sound. A harsh tap-tap. And someone screaming. And then it struck her. Everyone was applauding. The tap-tap sound was actually claps. The screams were hooting. She and the boy playing Hamlet bowed the last time as the applause faded.

Her Dad wore a huge grin. Her mother was smiling bright. Everyone had appraising looks on their faces. She had won.

When the event ended, Avril went to the dressing room and changed. She smiled at her reflection in the mirror that hung in the room. Yeah, she was Avril Kahn, and she was perfect.