Scooby Dooby Doo!

"So, you were talking about telling me something." Adele said.

Noel had brought her to a concert in Jersey City. He had picked her up from her house at 9, and as Adele had made herself comfortable in the BMW passenger seat, he had waved two new tickets. After Adele raised her eyebrow, Noel had explained they were going to a concert by his favourite NJ band. Noel had talked how one of the band mates was his bestie. When Adele exclaimed how badly she wanted to have a friend who actually sang live concerts, Noel had said she herself was an awesome singer.

Well, that was too buttery.

Adele had been playing a band since Freshman Year. Her interest in music was so intense, so irresistible, she could not live a day without tuning into a melody.
"Uh, yeah. But let's talk about that after the concert. I don't want to ruin the trip."
Adele nodded. Of course.

As they entered 280 Grove St., the BMW pulled into the parking lot of the City Hall.
Noel reached the door and opened it for her. He was smiling broadly. Adele moved her stiff body out of the car and the two headed for the Hall.

The hall buzzed with excitement. The stage lights illuminated the ebony-coloured sky. People gulped champagne and cocktails. Noel took Adele out of the crowd.
"Where are we going?" She asked.
"We're going backstage." He answered.
"What?!" She exclaimed. "But that isn't allowed, is it? And they have guards there!"
Noel looked at her and smiled. "Come on Ad. Seems like your poor brain lost a bit of memory."
Adele stared at him. Was he mad? What did he mean?
"I just told you he's my friend. He sent me these tickets himself. I am allowed there, and so is anyone who's my friend."
Oh right. One of those guys was Noel's bestie. How could she have forgotten that. She seemed so dumb. Noel must be thinking he's stuck with some kind of a freaky idiot.
"You alright Adele?" He asked.
She nodded. "Yeah, I'm excited, let's go."

The backstage was dark. There was a room in a corner and Noel headed straight for it. The security officer that guarded the room smiled and waved at Noel. Noel waved back. Wow.

The room was more bright than the rest of the back stage. Four red sofas were placed in the centre, and the table held a black electric guitar. Three guys sat on the sofas, and the fourth stood at a corner, fiddling with a drum kit. One of the guys had an eagle tattooed on his wrist. The other wore a heavy necklace along a tanker. The third guy had red hair. The fourth one by the drums was normal. And actually good.
As the opened the door, the Red Haired guy stood up and called out to the Normal Guy, whose name was Callum.
Callum came over and greeted Noel. The Tattoo guy then came and waved. The rest stayed in there place and mouthed hello.

"So, who's her?" Asked Callum.
"A friend. She's awesome."  Adele smiled at Noel. He was really sweet.
"Uh-huh, right." Callum replied.
The Red Haired guy rose up from the sofa and came closer. "Oh well, can she sing?"
"Of course. She's the school band's leader." Noel said with a glint. The Neck-lace guy came up. "Wow. We are looking for a girl who's willing to join us. And of course not some ordinary girl. Someone who's voice can rock the whole hall and trap the audience. Such addictive voice."

Noel's smile grew broader. "Then you've just met the perfect girl here."

Wait. Was he actually thinking such super stars would taker her? Come on Noel!

"Yeah. I find her voice great too. I hope she can audition some day." And for the first time she had entered the room, the Callum guy made eye-contact. His eyes had a hint of yellow in them. Cat eyes.
"Of course." She replied before she could stop herself. Was she really capable of something like this?

They talked for 30 more minutes, after what Adele had discovered that the Red Haired guy's name was Ian, the Necklace one was Sid, the Eagle Tattoo one was Ashton.
Ashton. Tomorrow they'd be meeting Ashton.

Then the guys left the room because the concert was starting, and so did she and Noel.
The concert was exhilarating. They sang a song called Twelfth Eve and it was just awesome.
Noel tugged her. "You know, I wrote this song."
"What?" Noel smiled.
"Man, it's awesome. You're talented!" She cooed. The song really was awesome.
They had been running around
Around and Down
Jollier than the stud in the back
They had been falling Down
Away and Around
Jammed from the rounder hack

"So, let's talk about what we actually were supposed to do."  Noel started.
Adele nodded.
"It's about the cruise you know. The Tori Hasting girl."
Adele's ears got more alert.
"I met her friend on the cruise. Her name was Jasmine."
Adele's eyes got wider.
"And she asked me about Ashton. I mean...she was asking where Ashton was. And...Ethan Mckenzie was with her."

What? The Hell?
Adele just stared at Noel, her expression weird.