Welcome to Pennsylvnia! Hope you scream.

The car raced faster. There was a ditch half a kilometre away. She tried to apply the brakes but they failed. In no more than what were 2 seconds, the car went flying into the trench. She gasped.
"Madeline, dear are you okay?"
Madeline woke up, still trembling from the weirdest nightmare she'd ever had.
Her Mother stood over her bed, a strange expression on her face.
"I guess you are just scared. Karma can do this to people."
What?
Karma? Of?
Huh. Her Mother was buying the news.
And then it hit her. They were supposed to meet outside her house at 7 sharp.
She gazed at her watch. 7:15.

Shit.
She flipped out of her bed and jumped towards her ward robe, leaving her Mom shocked.
She pulled out her yellow cashmere dress she had bought two months ago for prom and got dressed.
She took hold of her Samsung, which had 3 notification alerts. All from Ariana. They must be waiting.
She hurried along the stairs and out of the house into the woods.

She ran through the sounds of twigs breaking, leaves swirling and finally spotted flashes of blonde among the woods. There they were.
Avril sighed as Madeline approached.
"Finally!"
"Sorry, I didn't notice when the alarm went off."
Ariana came up. "Never mind. Let's get to it now ASAP!"
They all climbed into Avril's Acura parked near the other side of the woods.
Avril sighed.
Madeline glanced at her friend. She looked tired than ever. Madeline wondered if she even slept.
"Guys, I'm worried. I just hope Ashton's fine." Adele shifted.
"Guys. I talked to Jasmine yesterday. She told me she lied that she knew Tori since childhood. She said she lied because she liked Tori and wanted people to think she was as cool as her."
What? Jasmine was so weird.
"But again. When she came across all of us, why did she quietly accept Tori's lies. Well, whatever."
MmHm.
A strange expression crossed Adele's face. "Everything okay, Ad?" She asked.
"Y-yeah. I mean, no. Ariana, Noel told me he met Jasmine during the cruise. She asked him where Ashton's cabin was. And...Ethan was with him."
Ariana paled. "Guys, seriously if Ethan has anything to do with this, then Avril, I'm so, so sorry."
Avril helplessly glanced at Ariana. "Nah Ari. Remember, we are all in this together, and we will get out of here together too."

Madeline closed her eyes.

They'd reach Penn in 2 hours from now. And then they'd see a guy everyone thought was dead. A guy they thought was dead. Before 38 hours though.
Just how fast the night changes.

Adele began to hum.
They've been running around
Around and Down
Jollier than the stud in the back
They had been falling down
Away and Around
Jammed from the rounder hack

"Hey, where did you hear that from?" Madeline asked.
"Noel wrote that."
Avril glanced from the driver's seat. "I never knew Noel D's that talented."
"Well, who did?" Ariana jumped in.

There was a pin-drop, eerie silence for the next two hours.

"We've reached Penn." A voice called.
Madeline opened her eyes to find the car window viewing a board welcoming them to Pennsylvania State.
"Hey, you're fast, Av." Ariana said.
"Guys, my heart's pumping harder than ever." Avril cried.
Ariana placed her hand on her friend's shoulder. "It's okay. Everything's fine. You're going to see Ashton. Just thank at the possibility."

Madeline and Adele bumped their faces from the back. "Yeah. Thank God Ashton's alive. He must be hurt, and he must have a deep secret, but everything's better than death, right?" Adele said, in a dazed manner.

Avril stopped the car. "We're there guys."
The girls pulled out of the Acura and glanced at the small barn in front of them. It lied all alone among the thick trees of Penn-woods.

They were right at the place where a guy was, all alone. Scared, maybe. Hurt, maybe. Dead, maybe. Maybe they were late?

Madeline just hope everything would go fine and Ashton would come out of hiding and then they could lead a normal alive.

Hope. Hold On Pain Ends.

But this pain was so, so intense.