Cranberry House always keeps surprises!

It couldn't be.
"Hey Av, I know you are shocked but please answer! I need you. I thought of contacting Courtney but then, you are better than her, Avril, believe me I'll explain you everything once you get here, I'll mail you the address right now."
His voice was crooked and he choked some words. His breathe was heavy too. But of course it was his voice. Completely his'.
Avril finally found her voice. "I can't believe it Ash."
A sigh came from the speaker. "Come on Av! And...don't tell anyone about it. No one. Not even your friends."
Could she keep it from her friends? No. Of course not. Ashton was alive. What a relief it was? But then, he sounded worried. Should she cheat on him? "Ash...Madeline is with me right now and I can't lie to her, I'm sorry."
"No Avril please. White lies work right?" Avril didn't answer him. After a pause, he spoke, "Alright. No one but your friends. Bring them to the address I'm mailing ASAP. Alright?"
"Sure." And then he hung up.
Six months of non-stop thinking about where the hell he was, why did he do this, and as for now, who did this. What an ending.
But why was Ashton hiding? Why was it unsafe for him to come out in public?
Whatever it was, she was about to know.
Madeline held her by the shoulders. "Who was that? Oh c'mon, tell me Ashton's alive. Tell me the mess is over!"
Avril gazed at her friend. Will it be over? Not till Ashton comes back. And maybe the reason behind his privacy was worth it?
"Yeah. It was Ashton."
Madeline squealed. "Whoopee!! Can you believe it?" Madeline jumped twice and then threw her arms around Avril. "That's awesome, right? Let's go get him!"
"It's not as good."
Madeline's smile faded and she stared, blank.
Avril spilled the whole story without a pause.
Madeline groaned. "I'm calling Ari and Ad right now. We need to get out of this mess."
As if on cue, Avril's iPhone blared. "Hey, it's Ari."
She attended. "Avril, surprise! Me and Ad hacked into the PD system and we deleted all calls and texts from our phones. And we disconnected them too. Cool, right? And yeah. We found something. The Evidence Cell had a photo of Tori Hastings sneaking onto the floor where Ashton's cabin is. Connection, right? And what's worse is that they have a photo of Madeline. And...she has a gasoline cylinder in hand. And the photo is dated 17th June. You remember the day, right?"
Oh God. What was Med doing with a gas cylinder?
"Of course. But guys, there's something more important that we have here. Ashton's alive."
There was a pause on the other end. Then Ariana spoke,"What?"
"Yeah, let's meet at the barn, okay? I'll explain the rest later. Bye for now." And then she hung up.
Madeline was now sitting on the stairs of Fresh Fields. Avril went and sat beside her. "Let's hope Ashton has good news."
"Yeah." Madeline murmured.
"By the way, all I know is that Tori really has some connection. You know...the Jasmine emails."
Madeline pursed her lips. "Well, yeah. I'm looking forward to the mention of Tori's name in whatever Ashton has to tell."
"Hell yeah."
There was silence again.
A black Lexus passed away in a high speed. Maybe over 120.
The driver had green eyes and brown curls. By his look, it could be reckoned he was about 19.
Madeline was looking at the car too. "Was that Ethan Mckenzie?" She asked.
Avril feared that was what she thought, too.
"What is he doing here in Ohio?" Madeline asked.
"Don't know, Med. But I'm sure he has a connection too."
"Uh-huh." She answered.
Then both girls stood up and headed for their cars.
Once beside her Acura, Avril's iPhone blared again. One New Message from Unknown.
Ashton had mailed her the address. He was in Pennsylvania.
Madeline read the message and nodded. "So the plan is that we are going to Penn to meet my Aunt who lives there. I'll call her as soon as I get home and I'm sure she'll be ready to have us, and she possibly can't say no. So, tomorrow to Pennsylvania."
Avril nodded.
Madeline went to her Honda and started the engine.
Avril watched her drive away.
Ashton was alive. And he had a secret. Avril blinked several times, took a deep breathe, and started the car.
In what was less than a microsecond, the car jumped to life.