X Chapter Eleven X

Începe de la început

When we reached the sun room that exited to the garden where I was supposed to make my entrance from, Killua and Alluka hugged me one last time before heading off to take their seats. Once the kids had left, I sensed a presence behind me and tensed spinning around shifting my nails into claws, but paused as I spotted Zeno with his arms folded behind his back wearing a black suit with a bright emerald green tie matching Killua and Alluka.

"Jiji." I smiled and my hands returned to normal.

"It's not too late to run." He noted as he offered me his arm.

"You going to hold off the others for me, while I escape?" I teased him.

"If need be." He replied seriously.

"Jiji, I couldn't do that to Illumi-sama, or the kids."

"You have feelings for him, don't you?" He asked curiously and chuckled as my cheeks flushed with color. "Then you have my blessing." He smiled as he tucked my arm into his and led me toward the door.

My heart was pounding as two butlers opened the double doors of the sunroom and we stepped into the garden and made our way to the gazebo. As we rounded the corner of the garden and the gazebo came into view I felt my heart stop as I spotted Illumi standing in the gazebo wearing a sleek black tux that fit his perfectly molded torso like a glove. His long silken raven hair was pulled back into a neat ponytail that made him look more distinguished. He looked like a love interest from some romance novel from the late 1800's and it made my heart flutter insanely in my chest. His dark gaze met mine and for a moment I forgot how to breathe.

The rest of the Zoldyck's were sitting in simple white chairs in the garden facing the gazebo. Kikyo was sobbing dramatically. Silva looked as if he couldn't wait to leave, Milluki scowled at me, Alluka, Killua and Kalluto all smiled brightly at me and I couldn't help but smile back at the three youngest Zoldyck's. Zeno led me down the aisle before handing me off to Illumi at the gazebo. As usual Illumi's face was devoid of emotion as he took my hand in his and led me to a small podium where Gotoh was waiting to officiate the ceremony.

I wasn't entirely sure what sort of wedding ceremony I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't as short and uneventful as what had transpired. We signed a contract, listened to Gotoh say some nice words, exchanged rings, then said I do. It lasted all of five minutes, due mostly in part to a malfunctioning pen, then it was over. Kikyo shooed us away to our private, west wing. There was no kiss, no speeches, no bloodshed, no music, no dancing and no cake.

Illumi swept me off my feet at the altar and carried me to our new living quarters, without a word. The west wing, which I'd never explored before appeared to have been newly remodeled in all new modern architecture. The main corridor was lined with bright abstract works of art mixed with scenic black and white photographs and opened into a gigantic sitting room with insanely high ceilings, it was large and open and one wall of the vast sitting room was nothing but glass, there was a set of staris leading to a loft overhead with a cozier lounge area with book cases, on the ground floor there was a sleek black sofa with a slew of grey and black pillows sitting in front of a modern black fireplace. Past the stairwell was a small kitchen and dining area separated from the sitting room by one of the biggest fish tanks I'd ever seen, filled with an array of colorful exotic fish and coral.

"Illumi-sama?" I asked curiously as he set me on my feet next to the fireplace before heading up the stairs to the loft, without a word.

"Hm?" He paused halfway up the stairs.

I bit my lip unsure of what to do or say, I noticed him unbuttoning the jacket of his tuxedo and threw him a curious look, "What are you doing?"

"I have a contract." He shrugged before turning and heading up the stairs.