Chapter 55 - Reunion

Harry's P.O.V

She sounds worried.

Sheeran's not dead. That can't be.

"Hello." A voice coming out from the other side of the phone.

"Mila, what the hell happened to Sheeran?"

"Oh, that. He was found dead in his apartment around last week? His family wasn't ready to publicize everything yet so we had to wait before releasing the news."

Taylor gasped, still in shock.

I turned the speaker off so she won't get to hear the rest of the conversation. It might trigger her even more.

"How did-"

"He overdosed with substances. I think he was also drunk that time? Honestly, everything happened too fast."

"No shit, Mila. Anyway, can you book me a flight back home? Two tickets."

"Got it. What time?" I sure do hope this is a good idea.

"Tomorrow morning around 7?"

"Sounds good. Bye." I ended the call and went to comfort my girl.

She's quiet. Almost as if she turned mute. Imagine life without hearing her say she loves me.

"Love, everything will be fine." I kissed her cheek, hoping to give some comfort.

"It's my fault." Stop blaming yourself.

"It's his own decision."

"I was the reason for-"

"Let it go, okay? You can't take everything back. He lied to you and you told him that you knew everything. You did nothing wrong. Quit blaming yourself for everything!"

Tears started streaming down her eyes, touching her flushed cheeks. I hate seeing her like this. It hurts to see her like this. 

I reached for her arms and hugged her tightly. She didn't try to budge. She needs me.

I can stay like this forever.

"Please don't let me go." She whispered. Her voice broke as she tries to calm herself and fight the pain.

"I won't." Will never.

••••••

Hours have passed and we fell asleep on the couch. It's morning again. Time to face reality.

I tapped her gently and she immediately got up and gathered her things. I opened my phone to see our flight details that Mila sent yesterday.

It slowly hits me that I own a private jet.

Pardon my lack of luxurious etiquette. Guess we'll be taking the plane now. I realized that we're gonna be in public again. Taylor's gonna hate it. I hope people would just mind their business for once.

"You ready?" I turned to look at her. Even with sleepy eyes and flushed cheeks, she's still the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.