Chapter 17

Y/N POV
After our laughing fit we walked around to clear our minds.

'I can't believe that while all of this is happening, he is still trying to be with me. Why? It's not that I don't like that he does this, it's just that I'm not used to someone actually caring about me. I  don't know what I want, I'm actually going by what my heart wants.'

"Hey (y/n)?" I was snapped outta thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay? Is this okay?"

"I'm fine but what do you mean by 'this'?"

"I mean this, what's happening right now, the fact that we can't go home anymore."

"I don't really care, as long as I have you I'm fine."

"That's what I was thinking, I wanted to ask how you felt about this."

"I'm glad you care about my opinion."

"Why wouldn't I?"

"I....I don't know I'm just used to no one caring about me."

"I care about you!"

"I know and I thank you for that."

"Never a problem."

I give him a weak laugh and he stops in his tracks to hug me. I hug him tightly in return, till a spear cuts my cheek and Sans' sleeve. I hold my cheek and so does Sans. I look behind me only to see Undyne in armour ready with another spear. Sans grabs my hand and we run towards Undyne.  A bunch of spears summon around her all of them aimmed towards us. I look at where we're going then look back at Undyne. I trip on a rock and fall on the ground, as soon as I fell a bunch of spears aim towards me. I duck and Sans teleports, the next thing I know is I'm in Sans' arms and in hotlands. He laughs a little.

"Ya didn't think I'd leave ya did ya?"

"I had no time to think because of how fast that was."

"Good, that means I don't have to worry about ya doubting my love for ya."

I laugh and hold him close to me. I kiss his cheekbone then his cheekbones turn red. I finally realize that's how he blushes, I feel stupid for thinking he was sick this whole time. Sans' breath stopped all of a sudden and when look at him, I see Undyne, and she looks both surprised and angry.

"So it's true you are actually going out with a human?"

"U-undyne I c-can explain!"

"There's nothing to explain Sans! I saw you twice and I heard about you, you even showed emotion this time!"

"I-it wasn't an emotion I-I'm sick!"

"Sans don't lie to me! I'm not stupid!"

"Well I mean you did fall for it-" I intervened.

"Shut up you *bleep* human!"

"Hey don't call her that!" Sans defended me.

"What does that mean?" I asked Sans.

"It doesn't matter." Sans told me.

"Ha! The stupid thing doesn't know what *bleep* means!"

"She's not stupid and she is not an it!" Sans defended me.

"Whatever Sans, your going to hell soon and so is your girlfriend."

With that she summons spears all around us. Sans teleports out the way but the spears are following us, everywhere he went the spears followed Sans started to get tired because of all the teleporting. Some unexpected spears headed straight for him so I jumped out his arms then pushed him but I wasn't able to move quick enough to not get hit a bunch of spears went into my body. I fell back and Sans ran to my side.

"Oh no (y/n) why?"

"I...I couldn't....let you g-get.....hurt."

"(Y/n) you can't keep doing this."

"S...see...ya....next t-...imeline..."

And with that I saw darkness, then two buttons I push RESET, and just like that I was back on the flower patch. Sans suddenly appeared standing over you, he was crying. You had a migraine and you wanted to cry because of how bad it hurt. You ignored it and got up to hug Sans. He held you close to him, he started playing with your hair. Unfortunately you had knots in your hair so when Sans slid his hands through it, his fingers stopped at knots and it hurt your head. He said "sorry" and you told him "it's okay" he just hugged you instead.

"Why are you crying?" I asked.

"If only you could see yourself right now."

"What? What's wrong with me?"

"There are flowers in your hair, it's around your head like a headband."

"I'm sorry Sans, I just couldn't let you die."

"You could've said something."

"Sans 80% of the time when someone says something instead of doing something the person they're trying to save dies."

"I guess you're right, but you're ruining your life like this you'll die soon."

"I'll die knowing I did what's right and helping the person I love."

"(Y/n)?"

"Yes, and if you're going to talk about what I'm doing it's not up for discussion."

"I know, you're so stubborn there is no point in trying."

"Thank you!"

"Anyway (y/n) I love you and I want to say thank you."

"Your welcome! Don't worry if nobody else will protect you I will!"

"I can tell."

"I love you."

"I love me too!" After I said that I walked past him and when I saw Flowey he was laughing his petals off.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Sans'.....face....and what.....you said!" He laughed throughout his words. I looked at Sans and he was so confused. I laughed too.

"I was.....kidding!...I love you...too!" I laughed.

He used his magic to make me fly in the air. I started to panic.

"You're going to regret that (y/n)."

"No! Sans put me down!" He kept raising me higher and higher.

"SANS PUT ME DOWN!" I yelled at him.

"If you say so."

He just dropped me as soon as I got close to the ground he used his magic so I wouldn't hurt myself. He then placed me on my feet, back on the ground.

I sat on the ground with my arms crossed. He just laughed.

"You going to do stuff like that again?"

"N-no!"

"Good girl!"