Chapter Seven: Mandy Strikes Home

Braedey had seen this place before. Even after all this time, he could still see and feel every sensation as if it were yesterday.

The remains of his house stood before him, the ground scorched from the flames on what was left of the once strong household, and the stench of death filled the air. Braedey looked around the remains of the house, hoping that everyone was all right. He looked at the area that used to be the kitchen but he saw nothing: no bodies of his loved ones. He chocked on his breath, as the carnage infront of him was too much for him to bare, however, as he took another glance, he felt everything fade away.

The embers of hope started to simmer in his heart, as he fell to his knees, tears threatening to fall from his blue eyes, as the smoke from the flames surrounded his entire form, and everything goes black.

~*~*~

"NO!" Braedey screamed, shooting out of bed, his hand reaching out to nothing but darkness as he finally realized were he was. He was in his room at the Spies home. He quickly wiped the tears out from his eyes and sat at the edge of his bed.

It had been only just 13 days since he had arrived in this universe and every night since then, he had the same nightmare. He closed his eyes at the memory, the image of his parent's death burned into his mind.

He then stood up off his bed, and walked over to his desk. He pulled out a drawer, and inside was a long silver knife. He grabbed the blade in both hands, and pointed the blade at his chest. He pulled the blade back, ready to strike himself so he could be with the ones he love.

But, he stopped. He looked at the blade in his hand, looking at it in confusion. He dropped it, and it clanked against the floor before going silent as it stopped. He looked at his hands in confusion and fear, his body lightly shaking from what just happened.

'What was I doing?' He thought to himself, trying to make sense of what was happening. 'Why did I have a knife in my drawer? Was I really attempting suicide?'

He sat down on his bed, putting his face in his hands, as his shoulders shook in despair. Tears ran down his cheeks, almost the same way as it did in his dream. He slumped down onto his side, lying down on the floor of his room, crying his sorrows away into the night.

~*~*~