Chapter 17 -A Sweeter Reunion

The way Jest looked at her that moment made her cry. She didn't know why this boy could make her fall to her knees and weep, but she prayed her explanation would be enough.
So there she sat on the floor weeping with a surprised Jest standing over her.
"Cath?" He asked confused she looked up at him with bags under her eyes, "Oh Jest, please forgive me. I'm so sorry she hurt you and I didn't get you sooner, I did it to save you and I'm so sorry-" another sob escaped her lips.
He furrowed his brow and looked down at the spot where he was stabbed. It was completely healed over without even a scar, the Queen's power must have healed him. He kneeled in front of her, "Cath, I'm okay, take a deep breath and please explain to me what is going on." He said exasperated.
Cath nodded and looked at him, and for the first time, she felt her new heartbeat. She reached out a gently ran her fingers through his curls. He relaxed a bit into her touch and waited patiently for her to begin.
She took another breath, "I thought you were dead after what happened at the pumpkin patch, and because of that, part of me died with you. I was numb, nobody could say or do anything to make me miss you less, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I realized that I needed was revenge. Revenge for what Peter Peter did to you, so I went to the king, and I accepted his marriage proposal. And then I killed Peter Peter..." Her words faded out and her mind sped up. She killed a man for something he did for someone he loved. She was no more to blame, "And I gave my heart to the girls from the Well..." She clenched her hands in her hair, "Oh my God! What have I done?" She said standing and began pacing, "Oh Jest I'm so sorry. I'm a monster." Her hands began to shake as more tears fell, she was falling apart.
Jest watched with his heart torn. She had done some terrible things out of despair, that was something he couldn't deny but she had appeared to have changed. He wasn't entirely sure what to thing. But his Cath was right here. His caring, loving, beautiful Catherine was falling apart in front of him. His heart broke for her. He crossed the room and wrapped his arms around her waist and let her cry into his chest. He stroked her hair lovingly and kissed her head.
Cath felt so much better in his arms. She realized how much she missed him and calmed down.
She peered up at him and placed a hand on his cheek while he rested his forehead on hers. He loved her more than anything else even after 10 years and a war. He made up for the missed time by kissing her softly.
He was taking all the time in the world, because with her, time didn't exist. There were no deals, or threats, or tortured moments, there was only her.
She stroked his cheek softly as they kissed, and she felt another wave of sobs building in her throat, but she swallowed it down when he began to deepen the kiss. The arm around her waist tightened and she wrapped her arms around his neck gently.
They were so wrapped up with each other that they didn't see the 3 pairs of eyes watching them.
----------
Shorter chapter, but I thought you guys deserved a little fluff ;)