Chapter 16- Wedding Plans

(still lazy, so unedited)
Jest wished Time would let him die. He couldn't sit and watch the love of his life reject him again, and he wished that that spear would end it all, but sadly it only gave him pain. A lot of pain. He didn't even cry out as she pulled the spear out of his chest and tossed it on the ground. He couldn't hear anything other than his broken heartbeat and the footsteps of the White Queen.

"I knew you were heartless Catherine but I guess I underestimated you!" Chrystal said smiling wide and clutching the spear. "But since you don't agree, I'm afraid I can't your friends leave here alive, and I'll attack your kingdom. I don't care if I'm already fighting one war, I'll destroy your kingdom."

Cath knew this wasn't a bluff. She had seen the chemical warfare being used in this war and had no doubt Chrystal would unleash those horrifying creatures on her people. 

Cath clenched her jaw so she wouldn't cry out. Her nostrils flared and she looked at the White Queen with such hatred, any other person would fear their life, but Chrystal only smiled. 

"Alright, I'll do it. What do I need to do?"

"Let's make a deal." She said as she took her handkerchief and wiped the blood off her fingers. "The best way to do this would be to join our kingdoms with a bond stronger than a treaty. I have a son, he's 19, and I want you to marry him." She said and tossed the handkerchief over his shoulder and clasped her hands.

Cath let out a low laugh, "Do you forget that I am already married and that I already have children? Not to mention, I'm 28, I'm quite a bit older and the last time I checked, it was illegal in your kingdom for a woman to marry a man younger than her." (Quick authors note, please don't lash out on me for writing this, it's my job to make you hate the villain, and that's what I'm trying to accomplish.) 

Chrystal raised an eyebrow, "Yes, I am aware, but your marriage doesn't count here in the White Kingdom, and as for the age thing, well, let's just say, time owes me a favor." She said smiling in a way that would make anyone shake in their boots. "I am willing to make you 10 years younger, but in order to do that, you have to add 10 years to someone else." 

Cath weighed her options, but it was getting harder to think at the moment with a bleeding Jest in front of her. They locked eyes for a moment, and Cath wanted to cry. She wanted to run over and kiss him a million times to make up for lost time, but she stood her ground. She assessed her situation.

She was currently surrounded by 100 sentinels, all armed to the teeth, her only allies were locked in the jail, and she had an entire country depending on her choice. She looked at Jest one last time. She didn't care if she gave up her whole country, she would do it for him. She gave a curt nod, "I accept this agreement." She said trying to sound confident. The Queen nodded as if it she expected her to say that. 

"And who would you like to add 10 years onto?" She asked sitting on her throne and crossing her legs elegantly. Cath took that question into consideration, but before she knew it, the words were slipping out of her mouth.

"My former husband, the King of Hearts."

It was too late to regret the decision. Chrystal let out a laugh, "Very well, I will also let you have your joker back. He's proved to be a very good suitor." She purred eyeing Jest. He laid on the ground ignoring everything and wishing he were dead.

Chrystal snapped her fingers and Cath began to feel as if she were being ripped apart. She unconsciously let our a scream as Time took away 10 years of her age.
Cath was surprised to see that Jest was going through the same ordeal. Cath clutched her chest as the pain subsided and she was left panting on the ground next to Jest. 

"I made him about 10 years younger as well. Consider it a wedding gift." She said boredly. She nodded at the guards and they dispersed.

Only 4 guards remained to escort Cath and Jest to their holding facilities.
She kept a straight face as they were lead down the halls. It took all her will power to not look back at Jest. When they reached her room, they shoved him in after her and furrowed her brow. She began to ask why, but they just closed the door and she heard the faint lock behind her. She turned to look at the man in the room who seemed to be wholly healed and sitting on her bed.
He looked broken, and that made Cath feel just as sad inside. He locked eyes with her and slowly stood. She didn't know what to expect, but what he did hurt her far worse than any spear.
He stood, bowed, looked her dead in the eye and said,
"Long live the Queen of Hearts."