Chapter 14 - Negotiations

Once again, unedited

Cath felt her blood turn ice cold in her veins as she took in the queen of the White Kingdom. To say she was stunning would be an understatement, for this woman looked like she was a representation of beauty. As if her presence was a gift to all kind from some higher power.
The queen scaled the steps at a graceful and slow pace, as if Cath had all the time in he world. She knew this was just a power move, so Cath went ahead and met her halfway. "Hello your Majesty." She said with a subtle incline of the head. There would be no curtsying between the two.
The White Queen dipped her head ad well, "please, no need for formal titles, call me Chrystal." She said with a smile that Cath had thought compared to a snakes. Catch responded with a nod and a plastered smile of her own, "Very well Chrystal, please call me Catherine." She said in a tone that suggested that it would be unwise to call her anything else. The last thing she wanted was to be sharing nicknames with the serpent in front of her. "Please, do come in for some wine and pastries. I shall even summon my court Joker to do a performance for us." She said leading the trio inside.
Hatta and Alice watched the exchanged with a stony face, and only revealed their thoughts through subtle glances. They knew this would only end badly.
As they walked through the corridors, it took all their will power to not cover their eyes from such a blinding white. It was as if you were looking at both the brightest, and darkest thing in the universe, and it gave Cath a headache that throbbed along with her chest.
The queens visiting chambers were so luscious, it was like living in a dream. fluffy white cushions were organized on the floor, and in the middle was a pond with fish carrying little trays of tea on their backs. The fish were a bright orange which was almost relaxing amongst the white. Hatta and Alice stood next to Cath as she sat and took a cup of tea from one of the fish. She sipped as she studied he room, "Thank you for your hospitality Chrystal, your castle is quite... Stunning." She said adding a subtle sneer to her words. Chrystal didn't miss a beat, "Why thank you Catherine, I would love to visit hearts, at some point, of course, once you've cleaned up from your recent years of... Struggle." She said flashing one of her snakish smiles. Cath responded with a smile of her own that made Alice and Hatta feel as if broken glass were in their stomach. She cleared her throat, "Yes, speaking of struggle, I'm so very sorry about your feud with the Black Kingdom, and since this has been happening for over 100 years, the Looking Glass Law states that a new leader is issued to take the throne, someone closest to the province by distance and who is not directly involved. That province would be Hearts. I'm sorry Chrystal, but I must take your throne from you." The White Queen said nothing as Cath spoke, and revealed no emotion. After several seconds of silence, the queen let out a low chuckle. She snapped her fingers and right away the guards seized Hatta and Alice. They let out a cry of protest, but they were dragged out as the rest of the guards locked the room down, "Oh Catherine, and what on earth makes you think I'm going to let you just come right in and take my throne?"
---------------
Jest felt sick to him stomach as Mariah Hatter rummage through his stuff and take the heart out from his trunk. He would've cried and fought had he not spent his strength in the White Queens bed just hours before. Penelope watch in with horror as well, especially when Mariah began to cackle as she peered at the heart. Jest wanted to spit on her, but kept his jaw sealed right. Mariah turned to him, "don't worry, your little friends will be here in a moment." She went over to the window and began sawing at the bars with a hand saw she had brought with her.
--------------
Hatta and Alice didn't protest much as they were taken to the dungeon. All was going to plan, and they were too busy planning the next phase to really seal the act. They were thrown into a room with 2 bunks and a toilet. They sat across from each other with big smiles until Penelope unlocked their cell and walked in with wide eyes,
"Cath's heart has been stolen."
----------
Its 11pm here, I'm using the sleep now