Chapter 11 - Family Reunion

Mariah Hatter was very hospitable when Cath and her entourage came knocking on her door. The only thing that made Cath uncomfortable was the fact that her house was crawling with rabbits. Lots of them. Everywhere Cath looked, a rabbit was hopping about sniffing us or just looking for some past time. The Hatter family really loved their rabbits, she thought of Hatta's friend and felt a twinge of guilt for forgetting his name, but not too much. Mariah also loved the element of deception because her house was chaos as compared to the serene church that's displayed on the outside. Half the furniture was hanging off the ceiling and Cath wondered how Mariah managed that.

The 4 travelers sat on a tiny couch with at least 5 rabbits on each of their lap. Cath was pretty sure Alice was glaring at a rabbit that had left naturally made pellets on her lap. Hatta cleared his throat and glared at him mom as she poured us cups of tea. She wore a smile that took up half her face and never let it droop for a bit. "What a lovely house Mrs. Hatter." Alice said a bit too sweetly for Cath's liking. Cath rolled her eyes and averted her eyes to the window. It displayed a beautiful meadow, no doubt trying the hide the brutal warfare going on outside. Mariah beamed even more, "Thank you! I positively hate it!" She said with her blank eyes shining, "But it was either this or an English cottage next to the palace gardens so the choice wasn't very hard to make." She said blinking a bit rapidly. 

Penelope raised an eyebrow. 

Mariah walked and stood directly in front of Cath, "You're without a heart aren't you?" she asked cocking her head to the side. The gesture made a shiver go down Cath's back, but she snarled, "That is none of your concern." She snapped. Mariah laughed, but it sounded more shrill than it was supposed to be. "I can see why Jest would go through so much trouble for you, you're strong." Cath gasped when she heard Jest's name. "You've heard from him? Is he okay? Tell him I'm coming for him." Mariah laughed, "Darling, I'm a heart reader, I don't need to have met Jest to know about him. Though, I believe this is the second heart of yours that I've read." She tsked, "You must be careful when it comes to hearts, they can be treacherous things." Cath's blood began to boil. She was about to shoot some pretty harsh words about how she should take her heart reading abilities and shove it in a not - so - lady - like area, but before she could, Penelope stood clearing her throat, "Well, if you don't mind, we would like to be shown to the guest room please, we are very tired." She said eyeing Cath wearily. Mariah nodded and smirked at Cath before walking to a very tiny door. "It's just right through there." She said. 

The door was about the size of doggy door and was painted bright green. Alice didn't seem to have and problems with it, she just shrugged and got down on all fours and crawled through. Penelope gestured for Cath to go in before her so she didn't stay behind and say something that could ruin their good fortune. Cath crawled through still irritated at Mariah, she deserved more respect than that. 

The room inside the door shouldn't have surprised Cath, but it did. It was by far one of the biggest rooms she had ever seen, and she lived in a palace. It was entirely red and green and had several doors on each side. Alice stared in awe and made her way to a door. She opened it to reveal a room full of dolls and books. Alice gasped and ran in excitedly. Cath raised an eyebrow, "what are you so happy about?" She asked. Alice jumped on the bed smiling,  "This is my dream room!" she said bounding about happily. Cath rolled her eyes and walked to Hatta. His was covered in luscious hats of all shapes and sizes. A content smile reached his lips as Cath took it in and realized this must have been his room in his shop back at Hearts. She decided to leave him alone and went to find her room. She opened the door and felt her heart jump. She gasped due to the fact that since she had gotten her new heart, she hadn't really felt any traced of her hearts existence, so this feeling made her slightly exhilarated. Her room was covered in things from her dreams. Lemon tree's, rose bushes, everything. It made her weep. She closed her door and went over to her bed and collapsed. She was beyond tired, and needed just one good night of sleep. She closed her eyes and thought of Jest before being carried off to a world of dreams.

--------------------------

Sup guys, sorry I haven't updated in a week or so, I had testing and it was ew. Sorry this chapter isn't very eventful, I'm so tired I need to die so bye.