Chapter 15 -Prisoner

Unedited

Cath had to suppress a smirk as the queen locked down the palace. It was going exactly as the group said it would, if not better. She had the queen so panicked as to lock down her fortress.
Chrystal lounged on her chaise and placed an icy look on Cath. She couldn't tell if she were more amused or annoyed that so many people were trying to the her throne. She clicked her tongue and her lips spread into a slow smile, "You know, I thought about conquering your kingdom as well. The difference is though, I would've succeeded." She said snorting a bit. She sat up and began pouring a glass of clear liquid into a cup made of crystal. She took a slow drink, never taking her eyes off Cath, "You must be quite dull to think coming into my terrain is the smart way to obtain my throne. I have over a thousand guards here, each one willing to slice your head of with just a word from me." She said raising an eyebrow. "Nevertheless, It would be so annoying to start another war. And your kingdom has saved us quite a bit of time and money with all the resources that we've been trading for years. I hate to say it, but your help is too valuable to lose, so I'm willing to make a trade. If you aid the White Kingdom in its war efforts, I'll provide you with something even Time itself couldn't give you." She said swirling the liquid around in her glass.

Cath felt both anger and dread crawl up her spine as the queen spoke. Her chest throbbed at the thought of sending her troops to fight in an endless war. People losing Husbands, wives, sons, lovers. She tried desperately to shake the thought, but no matter what she did, she couldn't. The feelings never left. She took a deep breath and faced the queen once again with an eyebrow raised, "And what would that be?" She asked trying to sound more doubtful than interested. She didn't really expect this, but it would be a shame to not see what on earth she could have to offer her.
Chrystal smirked and snapped her fingers,
"Bring him to me."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Penelope, Alice, Hatta, and Jest all jumped when the lock on the door began to clang. They sat there dejected and trying to come up with a way to reobtain the heart. So far, the only thing to happen was Hatta cursing his mother rather loudly.

The guard who was sent to get Jest opened the door sloppily and boredly, as if he didn't care that there were unfamiliar people in the room. He roughly grabbed Jest and cuffed his hands. Jest was used to the roughness, but this time, it was almost too much. He let himself be taken away and decided he wouldn't fight anymore. He would let the others escape and live the rest of his life as the Queen's toy. He dragged himself along until they got to the throne room. He frowned as he saw all the guards surrounding the door and glanced at them as he walked in. The queen sat on her chair and smiled at him the way a lion would before devouring it's prey. She held a hand out for him, "Ah, my faithful joker, how lovely to see you, meet the Queen of Hearts, Catherine."
His heart stood still as he turned to the figure that had been blocked from sight before. There stood the woman he loved.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cath felt sick the moment he had walked in. He had bags under his eyes and his skin was pasty. He carried himself like an aged man and it made her chest throb to the point where she had to clutch her skirt in pain. She felt her nails puncture the delicate fabric.

He stood there in front of her now and stared at her with his jaw hanging slightly open. 

She wanted to cry for no reason, but she squared her shoulders and turned toward the queen.
"Your majesty, I'm sorry to say I refuse your offer." She said in an icy tone.

Chrystal sighed, "I knew you might say that."
And with that, she took a spear from her guard and stabbed Jest through the stomach.

~~~~~~~~~~