Chapter 13 - Surprise Visitors

Unedited cuz lazy

They put their plan into action. It took hours to dress and prepare Cath for this meeting. The dress she wore was such a dark shade of red, at first glance it appeared black. The dress was made out of the same material of a rose petal. Cath had no idea how they managed to find such a fabric, but the dress moved with the wind like an actual rose. It was a single strap dress that was attached to the left side of her torso, and snaked over her right shoulder. The strap was made of a string of thorns that were carefully placed so they didn't prick her. They then took a crown made of thorns and placed it on her head in the same manner of the strap. She looked sharp in a literal sense.

Alice and Hatta wore tailcoats made of a rich black velvet with scarlet hearts embroidered in a pattern that was both lovely and intimidating. They both wore black lip coat and kohl eyeliner to disguise them and held their hair back in high ponytails.

Mariah smiled with some sort of delight that made Cath's skin crawl.

Cath had done her own makeup alone in her room so she could have a few minutes to just think. Think about Jest and what she would be with him. Suddenly she was angry for these past 10 years. She was angry at Jest, at her husband, and her children, at hatta, at penelope, at every single person involved, but she was mostly angry at herself. What she had become. The people she had punished. Her chest thrummed painfully and Cath clutched the fabric of her dress. She worked through the pain and painted her lips black like the others, but left her eyes un-lined. She looked more vicious than she had in the 10 years she had ruled hearts.

The others were waiting at the bottom of the stairs when she emerged. She cleared her throat and faced all of them expressionless.

"I'm ready."

-------------------

Jest felt beyond sick by the time he was let out of the special chamber.  The guard outside waited so he could escort him back to his normal cell. Jest's eyes hurt from lack of sleep and his back ached from curling up out of reach from the chain up mutated soldiers. He held out his wrists silently and the guard put on his shackles with a smirk. 

It was a short walk that seemed to last hours before they reached his cell. Jest prepared to sit inside the damp room, but he was shocked as he was lead past into the interrogation room down another unfamiliar hall. He stared at the guard questionably, and cried at out as he shoved him in roughly. The guard closed and locked the door before he teared off his helmet. Jest was even more surprised to see that he was a she, and not just any she, but Penelope Peter, and Penelope Peter had been crying. She went over and hugged his head with a sob, "I'msosorryhekilledyouI'msosorrypleaseforgivemeitshould'veneverhappened." Jest pushed away wide-eyed, "Penelope? W-what are you doing here? H-how-" He was cut off by the sound of foot steps and the door swinging open again. A familiar face greeted him, the face of Mariah Hatter. Both Jest and Penelope were surprised, "What are you doing here?" Penelope asked, "You were supposed to stay at the house!" She hissed. Mariah just laughed and pulled out a knife, "I'm here for what's mine." She said.

-------------------

The carriage pulled up to the front of the palace at sunset. The trio had spent the past few hours coming up with what to say and shooting curveball questions so they knew what to say in different scenarios. The 'footman', or the weird collection of rabbits that walked on 2 legs and had hands, walked to the door and opened it for them.

Cath had to be extremely careful getting out because of the delicate rose petal fabric. Hatta and Alice picked up her train and straightened their posture before strolling in behind Cath confidently. The footman had already scurried inside to announce their presence, but you could definitely tell the White Kingdom was not ready for the Queen of Hearts by the wide eyed escorts that ran out to greet them. They each bowed breathless, "Your Majesty, welcome." A figure in a dress made of snow crystal and silk walked down behind the escorts and smirked, "Yes, welcome your Majesty, Queen Catherine."

--------
BET YOU THOUGHT I WAS DEAD BUT IM NOT SO HA