22

( final chapter )

Chaos erupted throughout the delinquents as they desperately scurried through the gates and back into the safety of camp. Bellamy barked orders for the gunners to climb the wall and look for any attacking Grounders.

Loxy couldn't focus on anything except the furious pounding of her heart and the blood roaring in her ears. She wobbled her way next to Bellamy, taken aback by the sudden adrenaline rush that was now gone.

"They're not attacking," Bellamy grumbled, his eyes squinting through the scope of his gun.

As usual, Loxy wasn't too slow on putting the pieces together. "Because we did exactly what they wanted us to do," she huffed, folding her arms. "We ran back inside our little cage."

Clarke stomped angrily towards them, a vein popping out of her forehead. "Lincoln said the scouts would be the first to arrive."

"If it's just scouts than we can fight our way out," Octavia hollered, joining them by the wall. Her blue eyes sparked with determination. "That's what Lincoln would do."

"We're done doing what that Grounder would do," Bellamy growled, distaste rolling off his tongue as he regarded Lincoln. He leapt off the small watchtower to join his sister. "We tried it and now Drew is dead. You wanna be next?"

"That Grounder saved our lives," Finn protested, choosing to support Octavia. "I agree with Octavia. For all we know there's one scout out there."

"One with really good aim," Jasper mumbled from his post.

"Loxy, we can still do this," Octavia hissed, looking at the blonde. "Lincoln saved your life. Don't you trust him?"

Loxy's lips stayed shut as she watched the crowd slowly look at her. Some with curiosity but most with fear.

"What's it gonna be, Red?" Bellamy questioned. "Run and get picked off one by one in the open? Or we stay and fight?"

"Why are you letting her make the decision?" A delinquent stepped forward. Loxy didn't recognize him that well, but she knew his name was Trey.

Bellamy looked at him with a confused look on his face, which was beaded with sweat. Before he could speak, Trey began shouting out a rant.

"She's a freak! We've all seen what she can do with her mind. Who knows what she could do to all of us? How can we trust her to lead us? She's a murderer!" His words were like fire, burning Loxy's skin with each syllable.

She bit down on her lower lip, avoiding the hateful gazes coming from Trey.

"She is not a murderer—" Bellamy began to defend her, only to be cut off by Trey.

"Really? How can you say that?" He snarled at Bellamy, placing his palm on Bellamy's chest and giving him a hard shove backwards. "You saw what she did to Miles. But what you don't know is," he looked over at Loxy with a killing glare, "I saw it too."

Murmurs rose from the crowd, puzzled by Trey's words.

He knows. And pretty soon everybody will too.

"Miles was my friend. He was a funny guy, nice, definitely didn't deserve to be killed by Loxy. She just snapped his neck, murdering him." He paused, letting his words sink in. "If she can just do that without using her crazy freakish powers, what can she do with them?"

Angry shouts erupted from the delinquents.

"Kill her!"

"She can't be trusted!"