16

Despite the fact that the Grounders made it clear to her that they hated her, they still treated the wound the arrow had given Loxy. Instead of being tied to a pole this time, she was in a full iron bar cage.

"Hey, you!" Loxy yelled as she watched a Grounder pass. Using her powers, she pulled him to her, his body slamming against the bars of her cage. He grunted as he struggled against her force. "You'd best tell me what your people are going to do to me, before I kill you."

In any other circumstance, she would've looked at herself in terror. But being a cage told her that the plans for her didn't include torture, and she couldn't fight back her curiosity any longer.

"We're waiting for Anya to make a decision. Meanwhile she wants to introduce you to an old friend," he groaned in pain as she pressed him harder against the cage.

"An old friend? Huh, this should be interesting," she mumbled and released him, watching him scramble away without any efforts to recollect himself.

Her hard exterior couldn't demolish her fear, however. She needed to know what happened on the bridge. What if the Grounders took more of her people? What if they took Bellamy?

Her eyes landed back on the empty cage next to hers, the door wide open. Whoever the "old friend" was, this cage definitely had their name all over it.

The door swung open again, a muscular Grounder covered in a camouflaging paint popping inside. A delinquent completely covered in cuts and dried blood fought against him, grunting and heaving.

"Enough," he spat as he shoved the boy inside the cage, shutting and locking the door with an ancient key. "You two will need some time to catch up."

Loxy crept to the edge of her cage, gripping the icy cold bars tightly as she focused on the other prisoner. It took some time to find a face through all the wounds, but she gasped nonetheless. "Murphy?"

He moaned in pain as he set himself against the cage wall. An evil smile plastered on his face when he looked at her. "Hey there, Little Red Riding Hood. Fancy seeing you here."

Even his cocky self couldn't hide the fact that he was in pain. A sudden wave of compassion washed over her as she scanned his body. The sight of him reminded her how she looked the first time she was kidnapped.

"I'm not really in the mood to chat with the guy who caused these," she growled, lifting her arms to reveal the two long white scars that ran across her skin. "But I'm also not in the mood stay in here any longer."

Sliding onto her back, she pressed her feet against the door of her cage. Summoning the right amount of power, she kicked the door off its hinges, groaning as it flew across the room.

"How the hell did you do that?" Murphy demanded as he watched her free herself.

"Just had to mess around with the bolts a bit," she was quick to cover up her lie. "Funny that they should leave the key waving right in front of our faces," she chuckled lightly as she snatched the key off the bench table.

"You're helping me? Why?" Murphy questioned, suspicion heavy in his tone.

"Because even though you're an asshole and I don't trust you at all, you're good for intel," she retorted back, unlocking his door.

Murphy clambered out lightning fast, undeniable fear in his eyes as he looked back at her. "What intel could I possibly provide for you?" His voice was challenging.

"For someone who just saved your ass, you're really not showing a lot of respect," Loxy fired back, lashing out and grabbing his hand. "They ripped your fingernails off. Damn."