20

Loxy sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose in frustration. "Well," she exclaimed, spreading out her arms. "I knew it was only a matter of time before you did this."

"Did what?" Murphy growled back, inching the front of his gun to aim at her head. "I'm not in the mood for your games, Little Red Riding Hood."

"And I'm really not in the mood for yours," she breathed whilst taking a small step towards him. "Put the gun down, Murphy. It's cool."

"No," he spat, tightening his grip on the weapon. "It's not cool. You know what'll happen to me if you tell Bellamy."

"Tell Bellamy what?" His static voice cut through the air, coming from Jasper's pocket. The shaggy haired boy nervously looked at Murphy, eyes wide.

Loxy couldn't help but smile under her brown locks of hair. Clever boy, Jasper.

"Give me the radio, Jasper," Murphy demanded, storming towards him angrily.

She watched as he slowly began to pull the radio out of his pocket, the other hand held out shakily.

In one fast movement, he yanked it out and yelled into the walkie-talkie, "Murphy has a gun. He tried to kill me."

Murphy lunged at him, knocking him out cold with the butt of his gun.

"No!" She screeched, running at him with fury. Ducking under his attack, she barreled into his chest and knocked the two of them to the ground.

Before she could grab the gun from him, a gunshot rang through the air. Pain exploded in her hand as she tumbled off Murphy. Blood erupted from her palm, spilling out from both ends.

"Murphy! Open the damn door!" Bellamy's enraged voice sounded from outside, only now muffled by the closing drop ship door.

"If you try to be a hero," Murphy angrily growled, his eyes burning into the metal wall. "Both Jasper and you're Little Red Riding Hood here dies."

Fear gripped Loxy's heart as she looked into the hostile eyes of Murphy. Immediately she began to process a plan in her head.

If Bellamy's smart, he'll check and see if there's any loose floor panels. Raven could hot wire the door to open. If Bellamy's not smart, I'll have to figure this out on my own.

"Looks like you're gonna be spending the night with me, Little Red," Murphy gave her a cocky smirk, snaking his arm around her.

"Go to hell, Murphy," Loxy hissed angrily, blood pumping madly in her veins. It took all her control to resist the power flowing through her. All she wanted to do was slam him against the wall and snap his neck.

But as she considered these violent actions, the face of Miles came flooding back into her brain. She stopped struggling against the new restraints she had that were keeping her against the wall. A frown grew on her lips as she thought about the boy she had killed.

"Wow, give up already?" Murphy snickered, shaking his head wildly. He plopped down in front of her, scrutinizing her with his wide eyes. "I wonder what makes you so special. What makes tough guy Bellamy want to protect you."

Loxy clamped her jaw shut before she could speak. He didn't deserve her words. She shouldn't bother trying to say anything to him.

"Damn," Murphy grumbled, grabbing her arm and tugging it into his view. "I really gave you some nasty scars." He eyed them with amusement, a small laugh escaping his throat.

"Don't touch me, asshole," she snarled, pulling her arm away forcefully and letting it hit the wall. She gritted her teeth to avoid wincing in front of Murphy.