18

[just FYI, Bellamy does NOT hook up with Raven like he does in the show. He loves Loxy too much for that.]

"You're outside the wall with no gun," Bellamy stressed, strolling to her side. Their shoulders brushed lightly from where they stood.

"Well you're here now, so I got my gun," she clicked her tongue on the roof of her mouth before giving the gun in his arms a light nudge. "Fourteen graves." She pointed out, showing vague emotion.

Bellamy paused for a moment, soaking in the silence as if he were listening for the dead. "We need to talk about Murphy."

"There's always a problem with that jackass. He was right about the bridge, though," she reminded him, shoving her hands into the warm pockets of her red jacket.

"We'll see." Bellamy exhaled slowly before speaking again. "Octavia says the mountain men are pissed. Whatever that means."

"I think it means we need as many soldiers as possible," she looked up at him. "And one girl who has no problem telling the Grounders to shove it."

"Please don't tell me you're considering using your powers in the battle," Bellamy gave her the look, meaning whatever she was about to say couldn't convince him what she was doing was wrong.

"If it means helping keep people safe," she shrugged, keeping her eyes glued to Wells's grave. "I'm not making anymore mistakes," she uttered as a pang of grief hit her heart.

"One day you'll accept that none of our people's deaths were your fault," Bellamy shook his head, shifting on his feet.

"Today is not that day," she mumbled before slowly creeping back into camp.

That morning, however, Loxy found herself back outside camp. It had been days since she'd daydreamed, considering she'd become so caught up as one of the leaders of delinquents. Her eyes mindlessly wandered around the undergrowth, losing herself to her thoughts.

"Anything?" Bellamy groaned as he stopped himself right next to her.

"Nothing. It's been two days," she informed him. "I would say the bomb could've scared them off for good, but I'm not going to waste my breath on things I don't believe."

His hand slowly wrapped around hers, their fingers lacing around each other. "Remember what you told me yesterday? There's always hope."

She smiled and gave his hand a tight squeeze before letting it fall back to her side. Only then did his place his arms on her shoulders, spinning her around to face him. Their lips met for the first time in days, and she felt the same passionate touch as the other times.

They broke apart at the sound of cries coming from camp. Loxy was first to jump back on her feet, rushing into camp to meet a blazing fire. "No. Octavia!"

Her hands wrapped around the girl's elbows and dragged her away from the fire. "You okay?" She muttered, nodding her head as if to answer herself.

"Yeah," she wheezed, her face covered with light hints of smoke.

"This is all your fault!" an enraged Murphy yelled, lunging for a boy named Del. "I told you it was too much wood!"

Punches began to be thrown, the two boys erupting into a violent fight. Right in front of the flames as well, which still ate away at the smokehouse. "Stop it!"

She crammed herself between the two boys, landing a punch to Del's cheek and kneeing Murphy in the stomach. "Safe that for the Grounders," she hissed through gritted teeth.

"Well what the hell are we going to do now?" Octavia spat, her stormy eyes landing on Loxy. "That was all the food!"

"Calm down," Loxy hushed her, turning her back to the flames. Their warmth tickled her back slightly. "We'll figure something out. For now we let the fire die out, repair the damage, and then we can discuss hunting parties."