10

[sorry for this chapter being a bit shorter]

Loxy must not have fallen asleep for very long, because she woke up in the same position before: hefted over the Grounder's shoulder like a dead animal. She waited for the right moment, anticipation brewing inside her.

Seizing the moment, Loxy used her elbow to hit the head of her capturer, his grip on her immediately loosening. She slithered out of his grip and used her powers to send him reeling back. Just like the other Grounder she had fought, he slammed into a tree and fell unconscious.

"Thanks for saving me," she uttered to his sleeping body, "but I still can't trust you to take me home." After her short speech she took off in the direction he had been walking, hoping to find the stream she could follow back to camp.

The trip was slightly more unpleasant as she had to run with dried blood sticking to her skin in the most undignified way. Unfortunately, she could hardly see five feet in front of her and she had no sense of direction with the trees blocking out the stars.

She was completely lost.

"L-Loxy?" A husky voice asked, drenched in horror and deep concern. She knew it was Bellamy before she even turned around to meet his petrified gaze.

"B-Bellamy," she stuttered, she winced as she folded her arms, only to find they were still heavily bleeding. "Where are we?"

"Not too far from camp," he grunted as he walked up to her. "Octavia was missing. I-I knew you were too but you were pissed at me and I thought you could take care of yourself." He immediately began explaining himself. "What the hell happened?"

"Octavia's missing?" Loxy gasped, her lips forming a small 'o'. "We gotta go find her."

"No," Bellamy said firmly, grabbing her arm as gently as possible. "Loxy, there's so much blood I can hardly recognize you. If we go after her now, you'll die," something about the way his voice broke at the end of his sentence made Loxy's heart twinge.

"Your shirt is torn and there's so many cuts...did the Grounders do this?" He demanded. Loxy flinched when she felt his callused hand delicately touch her stomach, feeling all her cuts.

"Her name was Anya. She did this to me and gave me one simple message: go home," she told him with dreadfulness in her tone.

Bellamy paused for a moment, letting her words sink until they gathered at the bottom of his chest. "Okay, I'm taking you back to camp."

Loxy let out a shriveled gasp as Bellamy scooped her up in his arms, carrying her. For once, she didn't protest. She was completely exhausted from all the pain and exercise she had just endured.

"Okay, so tell me everything."

"When they first tried to grab me," Loxy began shakily, "I used my powers on six of them. Then the seventh one gave me some injection. It slowed down the functions of my organs, including my brain. I couldn't use my powers." While she spoke she glanced up at Bellamy, admiring his features.

"Then I woke up tied to a wooden post deep underground in their camp. Anya introduced herself and then just began cutting everywhere. She wasn't even finished with me, but then something happened."

Her words were making Bellamy's face clench as he tried to imagine Loxy's cries of agony while the Grounder leader named Anya drove a knife into her skin hundreds of times.

"A Grounder began shooting his own people, and he saved me. Because of blood loss I passed out while he was taking me out of camp, so I didn't actually see where they live. But when I woke up I knocked him unconscious and then I found you."