02

Loxy eventually stumbled back into the clearing, walking up next to Clarke to find her drawing a map. "I suppose this is for Mount Weather?" She asked, admiring the map laid out before her.

"Yep. We need to make it there before nightfall. If we focus we can do it." Clarke mumbled, distracted by her tools she was using.

Footsteps sounded behind them and Loxy spun around to meet Wells's troubled eyes. "We got problems. The communication system is dead." He started, growing more frustrated by the second.

"Did you check the solar panels on the roof?" Loxy questioned him, folding her arms.

"Yeah. A dozen panels are missing. Heat fried the wires." Wells answered her, his eyes trailing to the blonde-headed girl behind her that was too caught up in her own work.

Loxy purses her lips together in a thin, tight line. "Doesn't matter," she shook her head vigorously. "What matters right now is getting to Mount Weather."

"She's right," Clarke spoke up, her head snapping up to look at Wells. "This is us," she gestured to a point on her map. "And this," she spoke as she drew a straight line, "is where we need to get to survive."

Loxy nodded her head, impressed by Clarke's well constructed map. Wells seemed to agree, asking, "Where'd you learn to do that?"

Clarke didn't reply, instead she gave him a sideways glance filled with anger. Confused by the sudden tension, she furrowed her eyebrows. "Your father..." Wells trailed off.

Another boy, one wearing goggles Loxy recognized from the drop ship, approached them. He peered over Clarke's shoulder before chuckling lightly. "Ah, cool. A map. Can I get a bar in this town I'll buy you a beer."

His weak attempt to flirt caused Loxy to let out a short laugh. Wells didn't seem as amused, however, as he walked towards him and made goggle boy cower back. "You mind?"

"Hands off him. He's with us," a third voice growled with hostility. Loxy recognized him as John Murphy, a well-known criminal back on the Ark. He already had a fairly large group of followers backing him up.

"Relax," Wells began slowly, growing uneasy. "We're just trying to figure out where we are."

"We're on the ground," Loxy was shocked to see Bellamy joining in on the argument, Octavia standing next to him, looking displeased. "That not good enough for you?"

Wells took a deep breath before taking a few steps forward to address to Bellamy. Clarke instantly latched onto Loxy's forearm, pulling her forward. "You heard my father's message. We have to get to Mount Weather, that's our first priority."

"Screw your father!" Octavia cut in. "You think you're in charge here?" She snarled, eyeing Wells with hatred. "You and...your little princess?" She was talking about Clarke, but Loxy couldn't help but notice that Octavia was shooting daggers at her instead.

"Do you think we care who's in charge?" Clarke exclaimed, causing Loxy to groan softly. She knew Clarke well, and she knew this meant it was time for another famous inspirational speech. "We need to get to Mount Weather. Not because the Chancellor said so, but, because the longer we wait, the hungrier we'll get and the harder this'll be."

"Clarke—" Loxy tried to intervene, grabbing onto her arm. Clarke moved away from her touch, ignoring her.

"How much longer do you think we'll last without those supplies? We're looking at a twenty mile trek, okay? So if we want to get there before dark we need to leave." She said, emphasizing the word 'leave'.

Loxy shoved her hands in the pockets of her red leather coat, steadily becoming more impatient. Fighting wasn't going to get them anywhere, and neither Clark, Wells, Octavia, or Bellamy was helping.