09

Loxy stumbled into the open night, gazing at the stars as she continuously rubbed her fingers against the bandage on her arms. Bellamy had walked off, probably back to his tent, leaving her to wander back to her favorite spot in camp. Only now it technically wasn't in camp because of the walls, just a few meters from the barrier.

Before she could make it however, a large screeching sound pierced the air, grabbing everyone's attention. Some had even woken up from it, creeping into the clearing to see what it was. Loxy managed her way to the front, tilting her head back to observe the sky.

"Bellamy, get out here!" Octavia called for her brother as she passed his tent. She stopped at Loxy's side, eyeing her before glancing at the sky as well. A strange object was plummeting through the sky, and Loxy knew it was an escape pod from the Ark before anyone else.

Footsteps sounded behind her, catching her eye. Bellamy joined them, except he was topless and showing off his toned upper body. Loxy bit on the insides of her cheeks as an unexpected pain passed through her. She knew exactly what it meant, for Bellamy to be shirtless. And her gut feelings were confirmed when Octavia gave her the same knowing look.

The worst part was watching as two girls draped in blankets staggered behind him. They held onto the cloth tightly, making sure it covered their half naked bodies.

She discarded it soon enough, as Octavia began to point at the escape pod which had just released a parachute.

"They're coming to help us!" A boy yelled. "Now we can kick some grounder ass." His string of words were followed by an enthusiastic cheer from the growing audience.

"Please tell me they brought down some shampoo," the dark haired girl that had followed Bellamy muttered.

Loxy felt a sudden wave of distaste at the girl. How could she be concerned about shampoo, when what they really needed was weapons?

Her eyes floated over to Bellamy, as they always did. All she could find was panic. Fear. She knew what he was thinking. If the Ark had sent backup, this could possibly be his last night on Earth.

Her stormy gaze didn't leave him as he plunged into his tent. She knew he wouldn't return after that. He would collect his gear and take off after the pod, which most likely had a radio.

But she didn't stop him. Not because she didn't want Octavia to lose her brother, but because she didn't want herself to lose the only thing she cared about now.

"C'mon!" Octavia's voice snapped her from her shaky thoughts, grabbing wrist carefully so that she wouldn't touch the wounds afflicted by Murphy. She began dragging her towards a tent, confusing her.

When they entered, Loxy's eyes widened in realization to see Bellamy discussing plans with someone. Of course. He couldn't leave until he made sure no one else was planning to.

"We should get moving. Everyone's ready," Octavia eyed her brother, clenching her jaw. She had matured slightly, that much was clear.

"No one's going anywhere. Not while it's dark, it's not safe," Bellamy decided, glancing at Loxy before moving his eyes to his sister. "We leave at first light, spread the word." His words sent his boys scrambling out the tent obediently.

"Everyone miles around here saw this thing coming. What if the Grounders get to it first?" Octavia stressed. "Bell, we should go now."