15

[please keep in mind this story will not be edited until after I finish it :) so please ignore all typos!]

Unity Day. Two words that had absolute no meaning to Loxy. To her, it was just another day to drink moonshine and celebrate. From the looks of it, everyone was taking that approach to it as well.

Night had fallen as she stalked through the camp, observing all the drunken people lumbering around. Jasper seemed to have it the worst, as he ran around wildly without any control.

She let out a short laugh when her eyes spotted Bellamy. He was in the corner of camp, munching on an apple and observing the activity in front of him.

"Hey," she called to him, walking to stand next to him. It took all her effort not to laugh at him.

"Best. Unity Day. Ever." His eyes narrowed when he realized she was holding back laughter. "What?"

"Everyone in camp is almost too drunk to walk and you're sitting here eating an apple," she finally said before laughing, clutching her stomach.

Bellamy joined in, taking another bite of his apple. "My Unity Day customs don't really involve alcohol," he admitted with a mouthful of apple. "What about you?"

Loxy pretended to think about it for a moment. "Well, if I'm lucky, I get to have only four tests run on me instead of eight," she hissed, her voice much harsher than she intended.

"I'm sorry," Bellamy whispered, grabbing her hand and placing their interlocked fingers against his thigh.

"It's okay now," she smiled. "Jaha told me they weren't going to run anymore tests when they come down."

"Good," Bellamy grunted, taking an angry bite out of the apple. "You don't deserve anymore of it. I can see your past has ruined you more than you admit."

"Last night," she murmured, understanding he was referring to her panic attack. "What did you see? While you were hallucinating?"

Bellamy rested his chin on her head. "I never told you this, but the day you were taken, I killed three hundred people. Once I realized what destroying the radio actually did, I went to get it back."

"But it was too late," she mumbled, nodding slowly.

"I threw it in a stream. We tried using flares, but they must've missed them. Three hundred bodies returned to the ground. I saw their faces as well as Jaha's when I was under hallucination." He explained in depth before pulling away.

The sadness in his voice made Loxy's heart shatter. "You wanna know what I saw?" She asked, meeting his gaze which was full of pain. "I saw Wells, Atom, and Charlotte. Those five guards I killed. And then I began to see people I loved who were still alive. Including you," her voice trembled as she went on.

"It's okay, you don't have to tell me," Bellamy coaxed her, pulling her into a hug.

After a moment of relaxed silence, she pulled away with a shake of her head. "I want you to know. All the people I saw kept begging me for help. Telling me that 'she' was coming to kill them."

By now the two of them had sunk to the ground, hidden by the foliage around them.

"I watched as several images of myself came out. And they were right. I killed all of them."

Bellamy tossed his apple aside carelessly, using both of his hands to cradle hers. His intense brown eyes looked into her blue ones. "That's not who you are, Loxy Monroe. You saved me last night. You tried to save Charlotte and you saved Atom from a painful death. Wells knew how much you loved him and wouldn't want you to blame yourself." The words he spoke to her was filled with so much love it made her shudder.