19

"What the hell?" Bellamy exclaimed in horror as his eyes lay on Miles. "Where's Finn and Clarke?"

"The Grounders took them. They took me too, but, I killed a few of them and now I'm back here," she explained quickly before groaning in pain.

"Loxy," Octavia breathed as she placed two fingers on her thigh, scarlet liquid soaking her skin. "They got you bad," her voice was filled with empathy.

"I'll be fine. Help me get Miles back to camp and—" she gasped as Bellamy unexpected picked her up, holding her the same way as the night he found her the first time she was taken.

Raven and Octavia casted questionable glances, but Bellamy just shook his head at them. "You got him?" He asked the two girls, gesturing to Miles.

Loxy allowed herself to ease in Bellamy's arms, resting her head on his forearm. Her eyes gazed up at his freckle-stained face. "Including Grounders, I've killed twelve people," she murmured sadly. "Thirteen if they didn't save Anya."

"Their deaths are not your fault," Bellamy attempted to assure her. "You do what you have to survive. Whatever it takes to come back to me." His gentle voice wrapped her in a warm blanket, causing a smile to spread on her lips.

"Nothing you can say will convince me of that," she uttered, snuggling closer into his chest. "But I can see you'll never get tired of trying."

Back at camp, Loxy immediately went into full doctor mode, digging through her brain to try and remember the few things Abby had taught her. She could feel Bellamy's eyes on her as she darted around the drop ship, doing her best to help Miles.

"You should be taking care of yourself," Bellamy urged her quietly from where he stood.

"All I can really do for myself is bandage it up and make sure it doesn't get infected. Miles needs more tending to," she answered without a look over her shoulder. "I swear to God if these arrows have poison on them."

"Look at me," Bellamy suddenly snapped, his hand moving her chin to face him. His brown eyes looked more serious than before. It reminded her of how solemn he used to be to her when they first landed. "He's a lost cause."

"You said the same thing about Jasper," she grunted and pulled away from his touch. "He's perfectly fine now. Although Monty isn't. And neither is Clarke or Finn."

"I promise we'll go after them in the morning. For now we need to stay in camp and work on the land mines and foxholes. And I need to stay here and make sure you don't hurt yourself even more by spending all your time on a boy who's halfway dead."

"What is your issue?" Loxy suddenly growled, glowering at him. "I bet if Miles was a girl you wouldn't be having these problems, huh?"

Her words made his gaze become more intense. "I can tell he likes you. He was practically drooling over you as you left camp and you let him."

"Miles knows that I'm with you!" She shouted defensively. "After everything I'm pretty sure everyone knows we share something together. Even if he did like me, you think I would feel the same? You really don't trust me?" Her voice was at a breaking point.

"I trust you. But only you. What he could've done—"

"Oh shut up, Bellamy! You're acting like a clingy, stereotypical boyfriend!" She spat, folding her arms. "I'm trying to save his life, whether he liked me or not. I won't let him die without trying just because you didn't like the way he looked at me."