14

"Ready to be a badass, Red?" Bellamy asked whilst cocking a gun, offering it to her.

Loxy felt a smile plaster on her face as she picked up her own gun, fully loaded. "Oh please, Amy, I've always been a badass," she declared. Spinning around, she held gun parallel to her shoulder and aimed, hitting the center of the target.

Bellamy shifted his weight on to his leg, shaking his head in bemusement. "How am I supposed to know you didn't have help getting that bull's eye?"

"Because I'm a badass. Wells gave me private lessons on how to shoot. I wonder what compelled him to do so," Loxy said thoughtfully before shaking it off. "Let's see what you've got, huh?"

He gave her a cocky grin before adjusting his gun on his shoulder and aiming. "Watch and learn," he teased before firing. Surprisingly, no bullet hit the target.

"Is it a dud or do you have incredibly bad aim?" Loxy asked tauntingly.

Bellamy shook his head, trying to hide his smile. "It's a dud. Let me try yours," he spoke, gently taking her gun. He managed to hit just centimeters away from her bullet.

"Not so bad for someone who used to be apart of the guard," Loxy tsked, turning away to place her gun down on a box. "So who's gonna have access to these guns?"

Bellamy fired another bullet, this time getting it right next to hers.

"You left Miller in charge of our Grounder. That means you trust him," Loxy's eyebrows knitted together.

He let out a small puff of air, his shoulders relaxing. "You should keep him close. The others listen to him," he sighed.

Loxy felt something catch in her throat. "I-I should keep him close?" She asked, her voice croaking in fear. She wrapped her hand around his elbow, looking into his eyes. "You've been acting weird all day, Amy. What's up with you?"

His eyes trailed to the ground, landing on his bag loaded with food.

"All the rations you took..." she trailed off, and finally put two and two together. The realization hit her like a bullet in the chest. "You're gonna run!"

Bellamy swallowed the bile in his throat. "I have no choice. The Ark will come down soon."

"Screw the Ark! You're just going to leave Octavia? You're going to leave...me?" She uttered out, surprised at how fast tears were coming to her eyes. Images of Bellamy leaving forever flooded her mind.

"Octavia hates me," Bellamy grunted, throwing his gun next to his bag. "And you've made it pretty clear that you can take care of yourself."

"Bellamy you can't just—"

"I shot the Chancellor!" He yelled, interrupting her. A vein had begun to pop out of his forehead. "They're going to kill me, Loxy."

"You think I would let them hurt you!" She shouted back, her voice straining as it began to falter. "All my life I've watched people I've cared about either die or leave me. I'm tired of having to go through that because it's always my fault."

Bellamy fought the urge to comfort her, leaving his hands to rest at his side. After a moment of silence, the only sound being Loxy's small whimpers, he shook his head. "Keep practicing, I need some air."

Loxy fell to her knees as she watched him stalk off, desperation filling up inside her like a bottle. Her breath grew shaky and she knew she could feel a panic attack coming.

"No!" She screamed, stretching out her hand and pointing at a wooden box. It flew across the room with impeccable speed, shattering into pieces as it met with the wall. Several other boxes began rushing around the room, things being tossed aside.