12 : The Game [2]

Quick upload just to tell you guys how much I love you for reading this ;D 200 hundred reads in the previous chapter in just one day! 

Dedicated to thetruthandthelie! 

Shout out to danydanysomerhalder!

Chapter 12 : The Game [2]

Total life expectancy when with One Direction was at minimum two seconds and maximum? Well, seven days. If that.

Time left before Louis Tomlinson's epic prank - ten minutes, give or take.

I was uncertain, but it wasn't long before the pranks we planned were in full motion. Yes, pranks, plural, meaning more than one because we have more than one target - Louis and Liam. Louis' fate was sealed when he decided to throw Summer in the pool. And Liam? He fell asleep during a war, poor fellow was just asking for it at that point.

What use is a scorekeeper if they fell asleep? A game like this, it's important to keep track of who's whipping who. As punishment, I did the only thing I could think of when I heard of his weird phobia. It included spoons and lots of them. The kitchen workers were nice enough to lend us some. Technically, we didn't ask...

I tip-toed into the bedroom with the bucket of spoons in my grasp, the others following close behind me. Each of us surrounded the bed Liam slept soundly on and together, began placing the spoons on and around Liam. When we finished, Harry set up the camera to record Liam's reaction - just in case we weren't here when he awakened. Liam remained undisturbed and continued sleeping soundly.

"Harry snores in his sleep," Niall whispered in declaration.

Harry nudged his side. The two exchanged playful death glares.

Niall continued despite the look his bandmate was giving him, "him sleeping is a horrific sight, I'm telling you. His mouth hangs open and he drools-"

"I do not. I don't snore, either." Harry interjected. "He's telling a lie."

I raised an eyebrow. "How would you know? You're basically dead when you're asleep." The words left my mouth in a hurried whisper and when I finished, I looked to the curly haired boy gaping at me in disbelief. I stifled a laugh while the room fell silent, each of us looking at him expectantly.

His face relaxed with a huff. "I'm a vampire-"

"-Harry snores in his sleep, that's the end of it." Zayn blurted, not allowing the boy to finish his non logical reasoning.

I shook my head at them before turning to leave the bedroom and upon exiting, I heard the faint sound of a shower running in the other bedroom - Louis. The door was closed and just before it, trailed a line of carrots. I continued in my pace to the living room and eyed the trail going to the hotel room entrance and knew the trail continued and stretched beyond the closed door.

It was the ultimate prank. And I , being the genius that I am, came up with the idea. Sort of. The details don't necessarily matter. Let's just say, I doubt he'll see it coming. 

I turned to find the others filling the room.

"I'm a Bradford bad boy, I'm a Bradford bad boy!" Zayn repeated doing some little jig in the middle of the room. "DJ Malik!" He finished with a pose.

I clapped my hands together slowly and earned snickers from the others and a scowl from Zayn. I tore my eyes away from the "Bradford bad boy" and looked to everyone in the room to address them. "Thank you Niall and Zayn for joining our amazing group for this lovely prank. Now, without further ado, let's begin, shall we?"

Their faces lit up in excitement.

"Okay, go right on ahead. I'll run down there and join you when he's coming." Harry gave us a thumbs up, he shooed us out of the hotel room and threw a bag at us.

Zayn caught it and looked at it with a questioning glance. "What's in it?"

"Never mind that, go!" He closed the door. 

We left it at that and followed behind one another in complete silence while avoiding the track on the floor. The halls were completely empty as we made our way to the elevator. I pressed the lobby button upon entering and Zayn quickly opened the bag Harry gave him. He laughed while removing the contents - fake mustaches. 

Each of us huddled around him and took one to place directly below our noses. The mustache was long enough to reach my lips and tickled slightly. I rubbed at the hairs with squinted eyes when a thought came to me. "I'm a Bradford bad boy!" I shouted, mimicking Zayn's accent the best I could.

His face fell. "I don't say that anymore!"

I frowned and glared at him. He shrugged his shoulders with a smile. 

"Everyone remember the plan, right?" Niall inquired. The elevator slowed and the doors pried open. We poored out and muttered a 'yes' in response. The four of us followed the trail of carrots into the empty dining room in the lobby.

I squealed silently to myself and took the seat at a table I claimed earlier. We moved the tables to create a semi circle in front of the entrance. Summer to my left, and the one to my right claimed by Harry. 

We went over the plan step-by-step and upon finishing, Harry quickly entered the room with a large grin on his face as he took his seat. Each of us knew what him being here meant. Louis finally came out of his cave and was now following the tracks to this very spot. Completely quiet, the five of us stared ahead, waiting in anticipation.

"I can't wait any longer. I want to shoot someone, right this second." Niall began tapping his foot impatiently.

I chuckled. "You make it sound as if we're going to kill him-"

"I want to kill him," Summer added. "But I won't. He's way too funny."

"What's going on?" 

Upon hearing his voice, each of our heads turned to find Louis finally making his way inside the dining room. He stopped on the little 'X' we created for him in the center of our little semi circle. I felt a tiny bit of sympathy for the boy. He was wearing his signature suspenders and striped long sleeve shirt. 

I feigned seriousness before speaking,"we've been expecting you." I stood from my seat. "The court," I motioned towards the others, "have been keeping a close eye on you, Lou. We are very disappointed in you." I crossed my arms over my chest and nodded my head in disapproval.

His eyebrow raised in confusion. "If this is about-"

"We all came up with a proper punishment for your actions. The defendant would like a word with you before we begin." I nodded at Summer and took my seat once again. 

Summer cleared her throat and stood. She intertwined her fingers in front of her. The baggy sweats she was now wearing were slightly too big for her. They hung loosely against her small frame.  "Are you sorry for the act you committed, Louis Tomlinson?"

"No," he deadpanned. 

Summer smirked. "Very well."

She sat down again while I stood up and motioned for the others to rise. All the while, I stared down at Louis with the most evil smirk I could muster. 

I flicked my nose - giving everyone the signal to begin.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[Edited 10 August 2020]