Chapter 10 - Mother's Truthful Words

Start from the beginning

I ran out of the house, slamming the door behind me. Getting into my car as quickly as possible, I pulled out of the driveway, not even looking back to see if she chased me. Why would she?! I screamed to myself. There was no way of stopping the tears now...I'm a rape child...I'm a rape child...I'm a rape child...

I stopped outside a house with those four words still repeating themselves over and over in my head. I got out and knocked on the door...well...more like collapsed on it.

"Teddy? What’s wr-" she began before I engulfed her in my arms.

"Please...tell me it's gonna be alright. Tell me everything's gonna be okay," I whispered, holding back the sobs which were trying to break free deep inside my chest. Her familiar presence comforted me, making me believe that everything's gonna be okay...as long as she's with me...

*

Toni's POV

He was still hugging me, breathing angrily and trying to hold back his tears.

"It's gonna be okay Teddy, it's gonna be okay," I said, patting his back. After a while, he let go, his eyes all red and swollen.

"Sorry Toni...I really need to talk to you," he said, his voice hoarse. I nodded frantically and opened the door wide.

"Come on in, Mum fell asleep in the living room, so we'll go up to my room, kay?" I asked. He just nodded. "Do you want anything to eat?"

"No...I'm good...thanks," he said, unconvincingly. I gave him a questioning stare.

"Yeah right, come on Teddy, into the kitchen!" I said, closing the door and pushing him through the hall and into the kitchen where I sat him down on a chair next to the table. Then I headed over to the fridge and got out some leftovers from dinner. After heating it up in the microwave, I placed it in front and Kyle, ordering him to eat.

"So, what happened?" I asked. He didn't say anything, just sat there staring at the plate. I waved my hands in front of his face...he responded to that...thank god. "Teddy you're scaring me. It's fine if you don't wanna talk about it but please don't space-"

"My Mum was raped and Carson's the rapist," he interrupted in barely a whisper. I could tell he was badly affected by it because he started shaking quietly. "I'm an accident...a bad accident...hated by my own Mum..."

"Hey...hey...don't you dare say that. You're not an accident! The fact that your Mum was raped has nothing to do with you, understand," I exclaimed, hugging him. He didn't respond...just sat there spacing out muttering some stuff to himself.

"TEDDY! Please! Snap out of it! You're scaring me!" I yelled, tears flowing down. He seemed to wake up a bit, looking at me anxiously.

"Sorry Toni...I...just don't know what to do. Everything I grew up believing...it was all a lie!" Teddy said.

"Teddy, just tell me...please...get it off your chest! We're best friends forever remember so trust me," I pleaded. I pulled my chair over and sat down next to him. Then he began. His mother saw him on TV with Carson and called him up today telling him Carson was his father. Just before the showcase, he asked Carson for the truth and he told Teddy that he raped his mother accidently. So, after the showcase, Teddy went to his Mum's and asked her for the truth. She told him Carson didn't want anything to do with him and she was scared of him because he had the same face as Carson. Then Teddy left and came here to my house.

After he finished, I couldn't help but gawp. I couldn't even imagine how much pain he was going through right now.

"Oh Teddy, you don't deserve this!" was all I could say, before hugging him again.

"Tell me what I should do...I don't know..." Teddy said.

"You still need to talk to Carson right?" I asked.

"I don't really want to see that scum to be honest," he hissed. Well...at least he's recovered from shock...angry Teddy is better than zombie Teddy.

"Maybe you Mum missed some stuff, just...give him a chance? He doesn't seem that bad...maybe it was a misunderstanding...?" I suggested. Carson of all people...? I just can't believe it.

"A misunderstanding? There is no misunderstanding Toni. My mum hates me, my dad hates me and my real dad doesn't want me!" Teddy shouted. He sighed and closed his eyes. "Sorry Toni...I guess I'm still trying to cope with everything."

"Nah it's okay," I said, giving him a small smile. "Do you have anywhere to go tonight?"

"Urm...no...I can ask around though..." Teddy said, reaching for his phone. I stopped him.

"Teddy, who am I? Best friend remember? Stay here until everything gets sorted okay? Mum missed you loads as well so she wouldn't mind at all," I said.

"Can I really?" he asked, accidently using his puppy eyes.

"Duh...of course!" I replied. For the first time today I saw him smile...and boy am I glad to see that smile. "Right, I'm gonna change out of these wet clothing, you next kay?"

"Yeah sure," Teddy said, smiling again. He started tucking into his dinner, fully recovered now. I think he just wants to forget anything ever happened...he always does after an emotional outburst, trust me, I have seen more than enough of those.

I got out a matching set of pyjamas and walked into the bathroom. After a quick shower, I pulled on my black and white striped Pjs. Downstairs the phone rang and Teddy picked up.

"Who is it?" I asked in a loud voice.

"I dunno...they're not replying. It could be -" Teddy began but I wasn't listening. All I could see was that huge spider...crawling towards me! I screamed loudly, stepping back but lost my footing and fell.