★ Episode 1 (Part 1) ★

There are girls that have gathered for their dream.

Shortest training period was 11 months.

The longest was dancing for 8 years and 3 months.

Not in the stage, but in a small practice room.

When we first met the 51 trainees we asked this question, what does being a trainee mean to you?

One trainee answered, it is like sailing in the sea with strong waves, you wouldn't know when you'll reach the calm ones.

Another one said that it is like riding an elevator with no buttons, you don't know when you'll move up.

Another said it is like walking in a maze, you thought you have escaped it, but in reality you haven't.

One trainee said that being a trainee is the first button of your shirt.

"Uphill road"

"Lonely time"

"The darkness that fills the cave before seeing the light in the end"

"A phrase that I want to remove beside my name"

The girls also talked about hope amidst of the nervousness and uncertainty of debuting.

The 51 girls that are waiting for a bright future at the end of the road.

Now it's time for these girls to fulfill their dreams with the national producers.

Produce 51 is starting now.

------------------------------------------

Hello National Producers, I am the national producer's representative, Byun Baekhyun.

Starting from today, you will personally be producing the best global idol that will be representing Korea.

At the end of this journey, the trainees you can help debut are only 11 members.

Which trainee will you ultimately choose?

There are 51 trainees from different agencies that have gathered here.

IT'S SHOWTIME.

/camera zooms out/

51 trainees, please greet the National Producers.

51 trainees: National Producers, please take care of us!

Who will be the national producers' number 1? Please vote for your girl!

Baekhyun: I will be explaining how to vote to national producers. There will be two options on how to vote.

First option, you can comment on the name of your trainee in the CAST VOTE unlimitedly. One comment is equal to 3 votes.