Chapter 25

Harry's lips stayed still on mine as mine did on his. Gosh Harry this is the point where you hold my face in your palms and kiss me back passionately, I thought. But I guess this was the part where he pulls back with wide eyes as I try to move my lips against his... because he did. He rejected me.

"Judge, I-" Harry began with a shocked expression as he looked downwards at his staring wheel.

"It's fine!" my voice came out high pitched as I quickly interrupted him. I didn't need him to explain why he rejected me. The rejection hurt enough already and you see that's the problem. You wanna know why it hurts? Because I liked Harry. And Harry probably liked Katie. I stretched to the back seat and grabbed the pizza box.

"I just-" Harry began again.

"I'll see you at school on Monday," I tried my best to smile to mask my true upset before getting out of the car and slamming the door behind me and hurrying into the house.

On entrance I squeezed my eyes shut and slid my back down against the door until I was sat on the floor. I was not going to cry, I was not going to-

"What are you doing Julli?" Jake laughed as he walked down the stairs in front of me, he clearly had just woken up.

"Jake I need to talk to you." I decided that I had to tell him about mum now.

"Ok. Do you know where mum is?" Jake asked as he walked past me and through the kitchen.

"Ugh," he sounded, indicating that she wasn't in there either.

"She's not here?" tears formed in my eyes again... was she out with that man?

"Guess not." Jake answered and sat on the carpeted steps while facing me. "What's up?"

"Mum brought home a guy last night before I left to go to a party with Harry and I caught her trying to hide him behind the bloody curtain! And she wasn't wearing her necklace Jacob, it's like she didn't want him to know about dad and- and he pushed me into the door frame." I was finally able to breathe after hysterically explaining the situation to Jacob.

"He touched you?" I could tell Jake was mad, hella mad.

"Yeah." I nodded as I heard a set of keys in the front door and quickly stood up and backed away from the door.

"Julli." my mum sighed once she saw me and embraced me, I stood still.

"Who did you bring home last night, mum?" Jacob snapped at her.

"Ben, a man I've been seeing and look I know you kids-" my mum began with her kind innocent speech before Jacob cut her off.

"If he ever sets foot in the house or anywhere near again and I find out about it mum, you will regret ever thinking he's the right man to move on with." Jacob seethed as he locked eyes with my mum, his jaw tight and my mother's mouth hung open clearly shocked with Jacob's disrespect. I guess he'd always been a mama's boy.

"So what Jake? You're saying you don't think I deserve to move on and be happy too?" my mum cried.

"No mum. I'm saying that the fact that he touched Jullian is despicable of you to allow and even now be trying to defend your intentions. He harmed your daughter!" Jacob was on his feet now and his voice increasing in volume. "And let me tell you that dad is turning in his grave at the thought of you right now," Jake looked at her up and down before calmly walking back upstairs.

Ok, woah Jacob. That wasn't cool.

I looked to my mum and she had silent tears flowing down her cheek and walked into the kitchen, shutting the door behind her.

I took a deep breath before going to my room.