Chapter 6

"Are you alright?" the boy spoke as he helped me rise to my feet.

"Yeah" I nodded and wiped away a tear.

"You're crying, love" he sighed and wrapped an arm around me. "Now where are you off to?"

"Ever heard of stranger danger?" I chuckled and stepped out from his embrace of me.

"Fair enough," he grinned. "Only I'm not a stranger, you know my name."

"No I don't." I laughed.

"My name is Niall. There, now you know" the boy grinned.

"Well nice to meet you Niall, I'm Jullian."

"Jullian." he repeated and nodded promptly. "Right Jullian, care to tell me why a beautiful girl such as yourself is here crying in front of me?"

"Because," I sighed and wiped away another tear. "I'm just having a bad night. Don't worry" I began walking past the boy and I felt a body next to mine again.

"What if I want to worry" I turned my head and faced the boy again.

"Don't."

"But what if?"

"Don't."

"What if Jullian?"

"No."

"Just imagine," the boy stopped walking at my pace, standing still.

"Ok!" I threw up my arms in frustration and stopped walking as well. "I just met my friends parents and they think the absolute worst of me! They think that he's only hanging out with me to prove some kind of point to them. Wha- what if they're right?" I sobbed again.

"Are you and this boy like.. together?" Niall asked.

"No," I sighed.

"Do you wanna be?"

"I don't know, I've only just met him" I laughed. "But we are friends and it sucks that that is what his parents think of me. It sucks all the more that I think they are correct."

"Hey hey hey," Niall placed his hands on my shoulders, "I know we've only just met but you don't look like you suck at all," he laughed slightly "you look hot."  

I blushed and was about to respond when Harry's car pulled up next to us.

"H-Harry," I choked after a few moments of him just staring at Niall. "This is Niall. Niall, Harry." I introduced the two and Niall waved in response. Harry continued just staring.

"I'm taking you home." Harry finally spoke.

"Oh, yeah, okay." I began walking towards the car then turned around. "Thanks Niall for, you know," I smiled then got into Harry's car.

Harry drove me home in silence and maintained a tight grip on the steering wheel for the entirety of the journey.

When we arrived at my house Harry walked me to the door and I stared down at the ground, standing in front of him.

"Well, thanks for driving me home Harry." I smiled and looked around us, wishing there would be an interruption to rid me of the awkwardness. 

"No problem Judge," he finally spoke.

"And um, well I don't- Are- Are we still friends?" I asked shyly.

"Why'd you ask?" Harry smiled and finally looked at me since his house. 

"Your parents hate me." I laughed bitterly.

"And? I don't," he shrugged.

"So we are?"

"Indeed we are." Harry nodded.

"You- you're not just trying to prove a point?" I couldn't help but ask, looking away and biting my lip.

"I am not Judge." Harry turned my head to meet his eyes with his right index finger, then quickly dropped his hand and looked away.

"I'm sorry I wrecked your birthday dinner."

"You didn't." Harry glanced back to his car. This was just awkward and it seemed he was as keen to be done with the topic as I was. 

"Right, well I still feel bad about it. How about we hang out tomorrow? If you're free that is. You can come over, maybe watch a movie?" I offered then instantly felt stupid for saying it as I watched Harry's confused features.

"Uh- sure." he sighed.

"Ok." I kept kind of offended by his lack of excitement but truly what else would be expected from Harry? 

"Ok. Goodnight Judge." Harry spoke and began walking to his car.

"You too Styles," I whispered and walked into the house as he opened his driver side door to get in.