Chapter 24

I woke up the next morning with a terrible headache and I groggily sat up in bed. I opened my eyes while resting the palm of my right hand on my forehead. I wasn't at home. I was in Harry's bed. I looked beside me and saw a shirtless Harry laying flat on his stomach with his head facing away from me. I was still in my dress, I got up and walked into his bathroom. I looked horrible. My mascara had smeared a little but was on for so long that it had dried and clumped onto my eyelashes. I washed my face twice and my eyes four times to remove any excess makeup before getting a towel from the rack and drying my face. I walked back into the room and after a minute of debating on whether to shower or not I chose to and walked back into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I stepped into the already running lukewarm shower and allowed the water to cover me as I looked through Harry's body washes, picking them up one at a time. They were all for men but there was a white bar of soap so I picked it up and used it. After showering I stepped out of the shower and dried myself with a towel from one of Harry's cupboards before dressing myself again. My hair was soaking wet so I wrapped it into a high bun but water droplets still fell from the ends of my hair onto my face and neck. I didn't care and unlocked the bathroom door and walked out to see Harry sitting up in his bed.

"Have a nice shower?" Harry laughed.

"Yeah... sorry, I felt gross." I smiled and went to sit next to him.

"It's ok. You woke me up almost as soon as you got in. Great singing," He teased and winked at me.

I stuck my tongue out at him and wiped some of the wetness from my neck onto his cheek.

"Julli!" Harry groaned and got out of the bed.

"That's got to the be like first time you've called me by that!" I smiled and Harry rolled his eyes and used a shirt on the floor to wipe his cheek.

"I should probably go home..." I said, secretly hoping Harry would argue against it.

"Keen to stay with me again?" Harry tried but I was no longer in a jokey mood. My mum had betrayed both Jake and I. How dare she bring another man secretly into our father's home?

"My mum brought home her date last night." I looked down at my painted nails.

"I know," Harry responded and I looked up at him confused "you told me when you were highly wasted." Harry smiled.

"I hope I didn't do anything embarassing," I spoke but I think I could remember the majority of the night. I remember Harry and Katie. The slight sting in me at the thought scared me.

"Nah. How do you feel about your mum dating?" Harry sat close to me on the bed.

I shrugged in the reply but truthfully it hurt a lot. She took her necklace off. Was she trying to hide my father from that man, what was his name... Brian?

"I don't want her to worry and then you just rock up, so you are going to go back aren't you, I mean tonight?" Harry asked as he nudged my shoulder with his.

"If you wanna get rid of me just say," I teased and Harry smiled.

"I'd never want to get rid of you. I'm really glad I met you and that we're-" Harry paused.

"What? That we're bestfriends?" I asked.

"Yeah, that." Harry spoke hastily. Did he not like that? Did I like that? Did I like Harry?

"I should go," I sighed, standing up from Harry's bed.

"You don't have to." The idea of him wanting me to stay made me blush.

"Only if we can eat takeout and watch netflix in your bed," I smiled wide.

"Deal" Harry jumped off the bed and stood infront me, looking down at me with a smirk on his lips.

"Don't stare at me without my makeup on, you can see every little-" I began but was cut off by Harry.

"Imperfection?" Harry rose a brow and I frowned and nodded.

"Not possible." Harry shook his head and bit his lip.

We remained staring at each other this way until a loud knock came on Harry's door.

"Who is it?!" Harry shouted and even though I had now looked away I could still feel his stare on me.

"Me, you knob!" Gemma laughed from outside before coming into the room.

"Oh, sorry! I didn't know you, um, had company." Gemma looked at Harry then back to me multiple times.

"It's not company, it's Judge," Harry responded to his sister.

"Sweet." I scoffed and Gemma laughed.

"No I didn't mean it like that! I just meant-" Harry said with wide eyes which caused me to laugh too.

"Teasing." I smiled brightly.

"Well I'll just leave you two but I'm going to the shop if you want anything..." Gemma began.

"Food!" I jumped up, as in I literally jumped up and Harry and Gemma burst out laughing. Their laughs were a lot alike and such beautiful sounds, they merged well together.

"Pick us up some Chinese and pizza." Harry laughed.

"I hate Chinese." I scrunched my nose.

"And I hate pizza." Harry resorted.

"How can you hate pizza? Everyone loves pizza!" I said, shocked.

"You'll learn soon enough that Harry's very different," Gemma laughed before leaving.

"You are weird." I agreed with Gemma and sat back on Harry's bed.

"Yeah, well." Harry shrugged.

"What do you wanna watch?" I asked as Harry picked up his macbook from his desk table.

"Whatever you do," he replied and I smiled.

"How about... Spongebob?" 

Harry stared at me with a huge smile on his face "You are joking right?"

"Okay, okay, fine! But just so you know it's perfectly normal for a grown teenager to enjoy cartoon!" I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Sure..." Harry teased and plopped down next to me.

We ended up watching Passengers and about a quarter of an hour into the movie Gemma texted Harry asking what pizza I wanted, I said a margarita and 10 minutes later Gemma arrived at Harry's door producing our food.

I scoffed down about half the medium sized box before closing it up and placing it on the floor next to Harry's bed. After the movie I decided to go back home and Harry offered to drive me. I took the remainder of my pizza with me of course.

"Are you sure you're alright about your mum having a date?" Harry asked just as he pulled into my driveway.

"What do you mean?" I tried to hide my true thoughts about the situation from him.

"Well, just now; the way you looked at your mum's car in disgust" he laughed but I didn't.

"She kept it from Jake and I," I bit my lip and squeezed my eyes shut before taking a deep breath "she took of her necklace like he was someone to hide..." I couldn't keep it in any longer and I looked to see Harry already looking at me with soft eyes.

"Oh, Judge," Harry cooed and he leaned over to hug me while using one hand to stroke my hair. I pulled away from his embrace and Harry and I were face to face. I have no idea why or who or where or how- I just had no idea but... I kissed him.