Chapter 11

The next day at school went quickly with still no sign of Harry. I debated texting him  but I decided that I could be just as stubborn as him. My mum was waiting outside the school gates when I got out.

"Where's Jake?" I asked as I switched radio stations. I was a few minutes later out than usual so Jacob should be be here by now.

"He said to leave without him," my mum replied as she reversed out of the front parking lots.

"Ok." I sat back.

"You alright?" my mum spoke softly.

"Yeah, I think so" I sat up and looked out the window. "I got a B in my History test"

"Well done Julli. You see, working hard is benefinical, isn't it? You've just gotta keep at it now." My mum cheered, I knew that if she wasn't driving she would've clapped her palms together and pulled me into a massive hug.

"I guess," I spoke trying to hide my own joy over my grade.

"How's Harry?"

"Dunno" I shrugged.

"What do you mean?" my mum glanced down at me slouched in the passenger seat momentarily.

"I mean I don't know mum." I could see her glancing at me frequently the longer we remained quiet. "Look he hasn't been in school or tried to speak to me but whatever." I said as my phone rang.

It was Niall.

"Hey" I spoke into the phone.

"Miss me yet?" Niall teased.

"I just saw you yesterday" I laughed at Niall's cheesiness.

"Well I just wanted to see if you wanted to come to a festival with me this weekend. It's only a two day thing"

"Um alright I'll have to ask but I'll text you." 

"Who was that?" my mum asked.

"A boy, Niall."

"Oh what's going on there?"

"He's taken me out a couple times mum."

"Alright and what do you wanna ask me?"

"Ever heard of a private conversation mum?" I poked fun at her and she shook her head. "Niall wants to know if I'll go to some festival with him this weekend, I'd have to camp there over night"

"Uh- I dunno honey, aren't mocks coming up soon?"

"Yeah but mum i've shown you I am trying harder and it's only one weekend. Barely even, it's two days. I'll just work super extra hard." I tried to persuade her as we got out of the car and entered the house.

"Alright you can quit twistng my leg now" she smiled and I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before running upstairs to work on some Maths work.

* * *

A knock on my door woke me up from my nap. I stood up from my desk seat and yawned before walking to the door.

"Hey Jake" I opened the door for him before going to lay on my bed.

"I need some.. advice" he began.

"On what?" I sat up and crossed my legs.

"There's this girl like," he said and sat my desk chair "and she's cool or whatever and I wanna ask her out."

"Who?" I said surprised.

"Amanda Bing."

"The dancer?"

"Yeah"

"Wow" Amanda Bing was super hot and a wicked ballet dancer. "Wait isn't she going to New York after A-Levels? And you're staying in London" I reminded him. 

"Yeah. I mean I've taken her out a couple times I'm not like totally crushing on her but I'd like her to be my girlfriend before she goes away and gets with some ballet dancing boy."

"Hm, well I think unless you really like her don't commit. I mean don't just do it so she doesn't get with another boy" I laughed.

"Alright, cool" Jake spoke and stood up pushing the falling strands of his hair off of his forehead.

"Glad we had this talk" I teased.

"Shut up Juju" Jake rolled his eyes at me before leaving my room and shutting my door.

I spent the remainder of my night watching episodes of Spongebob Squarepants on my laptop before eventually falling asleep.