Chapter 22

On Monday when I left my house to catch the bus for school I was surprised to see Harry's car parked outside my house.

Sighing, I got into the passengers seat and faced Harry who was already looking at me.

"Hey," he spoke.

"Hi. Look I'm sorry for leaving yesterday, I don't know why I did that. I was just mad I guess," I apologised to Harry.

"That's alright Judge. As long as you weren't mad at me," Harry smiled and began to pull out of my driveway.

The entire school week was tiresome and Harry and I barely saw much of each other as my mum grounded me, not because I did anything wrong but because she wanted me studying at home. Also she was angry I didn't tell her that I left the festival, apparantly a mother worries.

Friday soon came though and for that I was thankful!

"Are you busy tonight?" Harry asked me as he slid into the seat next to me in our maths class.

"Nope," I smiled cheesily up at him, probably looking like an idiot.

"Alright cos I got invited to a party tonight and wanted the one and only Jullian Judge to attend with me." Harry spoke while winking at me.

"Oo, lucky I am." I tried to speak in a posh voice but my grammar came out completely incorrect, causing Harry to burst into laughter.

"You know what I meant," I chuckled lightly while swatting his shoulder.

After that our lesson began.

* * *

When I got home from school on Friday I decided to have another shower and wash my hair before the party tonight. I sat on my bed, in my pink robe with my brown towel covering my hair, watching Pretty Little Liars on my laptop. I soon got hungry and walked out of my room to get a snack from downstairs. Walking past my living room I heard giggling and laugther coming from inside.

Did Jake bring home a girl?

I knocked on the door and silence quickly took over the room. The TV was either switched off or muted as there was no longer any sound coming from it and there was shuffling present in the room. I opened the door slowly and saw my mum trying to hide a man behind our curtain.

"Mum?" I asked and she froze, slowly turning around and sighing out loud while the male half hid behind the curtain smiled wearily.

"Who's this mum?" I asked, very confused as I stepped fully into the room.

"This is Ben," my mum spoke as she walked towards me.

"What you doing here, Ben?" I snapped at the man who didn't look that much older than my mum.

"Jullian," my mum scolded me. "He's my guest," she spoke after she cleared her throat.

"I'm her date, hi." Ben walked in front of my mum and extended his arm out to me which I just stared at before looking behind him and at my mum who was glaring at Ben.

"This is your rebound? From dad to this?" I gestured to Ben, scoffing.

"Jullian, stop it now" my mum warned me, pulling Ben by his arm away from me so that he was now behind her "and it's hardly a rebound Julli. Your father is dead."

"If Jacob knew," I almost laughed at loud.

"I wasn't ready to tell the both of you as of now," my mum spoke calmly. That was my mum for you. Never one to yell or overreact. Even when her and my dad used to disagree over things she'd let him vent and get all of his anger out, the fact that she always stayed rational made most arguments short because who wants to yell at somebody who doesn't feed into your anger?

"So you were just going to keep lying to us!" I was getting mad now. She was keeping secrets from Jake and I. We don't keep secrets... not since last time.

"I wasn't lying Jullian. Neither of you have ever asked about my love life in the past." my mum spoke gently.

"That's because-" I was stopped from speech by my own eyes. My mum had taken off her neckalce.

"Where's your necklace?!" I reached for her but Ben pushed me backwards into the hedge of the door, my back slamming onto it harshly.

"Ben!" my mum yelled at him and rushed to my side.

"Don't touch me!" I shouted and ran up the stairs, slamming the door and locking it behind me. I was going out tonight and nothing was going to ruin my mood. Besides, I didn't want to cancel on Harry.

I put on my makeup and got dressed then blow dried my hair, leaving it quiet wavy and poofy.

Harry texted me that he'd be arriving at mine shortly so I waited in my room for him.