Chapter 3

Katya POV

As my eyes flutter open from the light that beams inside through the window I stretch my arms. Hm? The bed is empty? Brian must've already gotten up. I yawn and as I want to turn around to snooze again I hear my name being yelled from downstairs. My eyes shoot open and I jump out of bed, sprinting downstairs completely forgetting I'm only in my boxers. As I walk into the kitchen Brian turns around and immediately his cheeks turn a light pink. "I'm sorry, I'll get dressed in a minute. What's up?" I ask him, casually leaning against the refrigerator. "All I wanted was for you to finally wake up, it's past 1 am. So technically breakfast will be lunch now." He says to me with a chuckle. I awkwardly shuffle around, scratching the back of my head. "You know I'm a heavy sleeper, next time just punch me in the face or something." I say to him and he laughs. I turn around to walk back upstairs to get dressed. I put back on the clothes I wore when I arrived here and head back downstairs after checking if I don't like I'm an actual dead person.

"Ready?" Brian asks me, impatiently waiting at the front door. "Calm down princess, I'm ready!" I reply, hurrying to him. "You look even better in daylight." He says with a wink before opening the door and walking to his car while unlocking it with his key. I get in and he starts the car. I plug his aux cord into my phone to play both our favorite album. American, by RuPaul. We sing along as he drives us somewhere, I'll see where we end up. I reach out my hand to turn up the volume right as he's about to do the same, ending up with his hand lightly grazing mine as he pulls it back quickly with a nervous giggle. "Oh like you've never held my hand before, don't flatter yourself sweetheart." I say sassily, making him laugh even harder. "Well, most times its you who forcefully grabs my hand and shakes it around like a maniac while flailing." He replies. "Touché, asshole." I say as I stick my tongue out. Shortly after we arrive at this beautiful diner where you can eat both breakfast, lunch and dinner. "Going fancy, huh?" I say with a wide smile looking at the beautiful outside of the place. We both get out, he locks the car and we walk inside. "I have a reservation, Firkus." Brian says to a waitress, and she leads us to her table. He made  a reservation? There's barely any people in here. We both sit down and order our drinks, he orders a soda and I order a red wine.

"When will you be leaving?" Brian asks me right as I'm about to take a bite of my salmon and cream cheese bagel. "Uh.. 1 month I believe." I reply rather softly, his eyes have a sparkle of sadness in them. "Oh." He says. "That's rather.. soon." He says, stirring around in his soup. "I know," I say as I grab his hand to which I can feel him tense up. "But I'm still here for 1 more month, we have 3 more episodes to film and I'm going to make your life a living hell while I'm still here so you can rest when I'm gone. Deal?" I say to him, brushing with my thumb over the back of his hand. He looks up at me and cracks a tiny smile. "Deal."

After we're done eating and paid for it we decided to go on a walk through a park. It's quite a big park and I'm fond of walking, so I'm happy. Brian on the other hand whines about moving 2 steps. "I'm tireeeeed! I said a walk not a marathon!" I hear behind me. As I turn around I see Brian pulling himself forward which makes me laugh. The adorable little dork. "Come on! It's good for you!" I yell back at him. I decide to stop and wait for him to catch up. He notices that I've stopped and hurried over to me, kind of panting. "I know a really nice spot over on that hill where you can see most of town. It's not that far, your little legs will be able to handle it." I point to the hill and look at him with puppy eyes. "Oh no, no no. I'm not doing that. That hill is steep as fuck!" He replies, crossing his arms. "I'll carry you?" I say a bit too eager, holding my hands in front of me like I'm praying. I see him thinking. "Fine." He says with a sigh and I jump and clap in response. I turn around and squat a bit for him to jump on my back. "What's taking you so long?" I ask and turn my head to look at him. He looks at me, quickly shakes his head and jumps onto my back. I was too late with catching him so we tumble forwards, Brian rolling over me onto the ground and we both burst into a laugh. "I'm sorry! I didn't expect you were gonna jump that time!" I say to him, my head hovering over his and we look into each others eyes. "Dumbass." He says with a chuckle and keeps staring into my eyes before standing up, ready to try it again. I do the same thing and he jumps, this time I do catch him and stand up straight again. A bit wobbly I take my first step and a loud yelp leaves Brian's mouth. "Calm! I'm not gonna drop you again!" I say to him and he flails his legs wildly while screaming 'Giddy up!', and I continue walking with him on my back up the hill.

We finally arrive at this bench right underneath a tree after almost dropping Brian 2 more times and a lot of stopping to laugh. I let him slide off of my back and we both sit down. "Oh shit you were right, It's gorgeous up here!" He says to me with wide eyes. "Told you, not all I talk is crap." I say. "Not all, but mostly everything." He says with an innocent smile to which I react by hitting his arm. "Ow! Dick!" He says, wanting to hit me back but I grab him by his wrist and he just looks at me, eventually laying his head against my shoulder. He gives up so easily.

We sit like that for a while, talking about whatever before heading back to his car. The walk back went by quicker and we get in his car ready to drive home. "You can just drop me off at your place, my car is still there." I say to him, he nods. The ride home is silent, we don't really talk. The look he gave when I said I have a month left is stuck in my thoughts. I look outside the window and sigh softly. I don't want to leave, but I also really want to take this second opportunity. He pulls up at his driveway and we both get out. We both say our goodnights and he wants to walk to his front door but I grab his hand. He turns around to look and me and I approach him. He looks at me with a shocked expression not knowing what to expect. I wrap my arms around him tightly and pull him into a big hug, he doesn't hesitate hugging back. "Thanks for today, I had a really great time. And please promise me you won't think too much about that 1 month." I whisper. "I can't promise that, but I'll try." He replies softly. I pull back and walk to my car. Honking at him before driving away. As I look into my mirror I can see Brian walking into the streets to look when I'm out of his neighbourhood. Fuck.