Chapter 31

Freya Taschereau - Burn

"Only one of us is coming out of this alive." I confirm. She smiles. "And without Rage Factor, I have feeling its going to be me."

Frost jumps forward, her Ice Rapier held high. I bring my sword up to hers and the two blades clash, the force of two warring elements jolt up my arm. I grit my teeth to stop the gasp of pain. Frost stoicly keeps her lips clamped together as well.

"Oh, I'm ready to dispute that." I reply, slashing forward then stepping back. She growls. "Were you always this sickeningly optimistic?" She asked as we danced our dangerous ballet of spinning blades and warring elements.

"No," I say. "I wasn't. Not until I met someone who made me feel optimistic again." She scoffed. "Why is it that everything that you do seems to revolve around your Captain these days? Can you not think for your own?"

I glare at her, and open a small cut on her cheek. However small, whenever the opposite elements' blade would touch or break the skin, it felt like agony. She hissed as I replied, "No, I can. And that's why I'm not letting you get out of here alive;"

I shift into an offensive stance and face her. "Even if it costs me my life."

Another deadly dance, this time no words were exchanged. Hateful glares from both of us, and attacks that spoke a thousand words.

A thousand words left unspoken.

A thousand things I wish I had said.

A thousand things I still regret.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Steve Rogers - Captain America

I turned, to see if she was alright, but she wasn't there. "Freya!" I yelled, killing another chitauri. "Freya!"

I heard the Hulk roar, and he popped up beside me, trampeling five chitauri on the way and killing two with a sweep of his arm. Hawkeye appeared on the other side of an explosion, and walked over to me.

Stark and Natasha landed in front of us. They had been shooting phasers and bullets from the air. With a swing of his hammer, the last of the chitauri fell, and Thor appeared, dragging Loki by the chain of his handcuffs.

He somehow got a pair of handcuffs on him, and they looked like Asgardian metal. "Freya!" I yelled. She was fighting Frost, and it was a sight to see.

A red, fiery aura had enveloped her, surrounding her for a five foot radius on all sides. An icy blue, cold aura surrounded Frost, surrounding her on all sides for about five feet, just like Freya.

"Oh no." Loki said worriedly. "What? What is it brother?" Thor asked, shaking him by his chains. "They'll fight, and only one of them will come out alive." Loki replied, still looking worried.

"When these two elements fight their final battle, the energy that will result from their battle will cause a blast, for about five miles out. Everything within those five miles will feel a ripple, but this whole cavern will collapse on our heads if we don't get out now."

"Freya!" I yelled, panic setting in. I stepped forward, into the ring of the warring red and blue. I felt something like an electric current run through me, and I flew backwards with as much force as I had put forward.

"Steve!" I heard her scream, the sound of metal clanging momentarily pausing.

Frost was on the ground at the edge of the ring, groaning. "You have to leave." She said, her green eyes shiny with unshed tears and sadness. Her dark hair was flowing so beautifully behind her, and she held her Flame Sword, the blade glowing red like molten magma, in her hands.