Chapter 21

Steve Rogers - Captain America

"All Avengers and related personel to the conference room, all Avengers and related personel. This is an emergency, you are all needed immediately. That means you, Stark." Fury's voice booms over the intercom.

Damn it Fury! Why do you have to interupt everything?!

"Come on, lets go see what Fury wants." Freya says before running off, not waiting for a response. I run after her, my mind remembering how close we were to kissing.

Did she even want to kiss me? Probably not. I guess it was a good thing Fury called us in when he did.

I pushed through the doors right behind Freya. To my surprise, Tony was already there. We were the last ones to arrive.

I sat down beside Freya wordlessly as Fury began to frantically speak. "Some aircrafts with Loki's soldiers have been sighted near us. They are currently approaching, and should be here in a few minutes. Romanoff, Barton, Taschereau, I want you three guarding Loki. Captain, Banner, I want you two right outside of the door."

"Stark, I want you in the air. Thor, help him in anyway you can. Now go, suit up!" He yells the last part.

Freya stands immediately and looks at me. "Be careful." she says. I nod, smiling. "You too." She gives me a small smile before she disappears out the door to suit up.

I run to my room and dress in my Captain America suit in record time. I run towards the hallway in front of Loki's prison. Bruce is already there, and I hold my shield tightly as I wait beside him.

His fists are balled up into fists, waiting for the right moment to turn into the Hulk. I give him a small nod. "Is everyone in position? Stark?" I ask into my ear piece.

"In the air Cap." He says.

"Thor?"

"In position."

"Romanoff, Barton, Freya?" I ask.

"We're all here Captain." Freya's gentle voice says over my ear piece. I can't help but smile. "Good. Just be ready. We don't know where they'll be, or when they'll come. Probably soon-"

"They're approaching the west side of the ship!" Agent Hill's voice cries frantically over the com device.

"Romanoff, Barton, Taschereau, they're guns are aimed at the part of the ship where Loki's cell is located. Be ready for-"

But Agent Hill never gets to finish. A loud boom interupts her, and knocks both Bruce and I off our feet.

It sounded like it was coming from behind us.

"Freya!" I yell as I stand. The ship is tilting. I pry the door open, and there is absolute pandemonium on the other side.

Natasha lies trapped under a pile of rubble, and Clint is trying to dig her out.

Freya, I'm proud to say, is kicking ass. "Captain, Bruce, I need a little help!" she yells into the com device as she shoots a fireball at one of Loki's soldiers.

He looses his balance and fall out of the hellicarrier where a large, gaping hole is. A jet is on the other side, waiting.

Freya jumps in the air, kicking a fire ray, knocking three soldiers out as they shoot at her. She dodges smoothly, and creates a fire wall to block off their bullets. She sees me out of the corner of her eyes as I try to run over to her.

"Steve!" she screams. She points at the glass prison beside her. "Loki!"

I look for Loki in the glass prison. He isn't there, I realize with a sinking feeling. He jumps onto the jet, which promptly leaves, leaving the remaining soldiers behind.

"Stark! Loki's escaping on a jet!" I yell.

"Thor!" He yells. "Go get your brother!"

"I will man of iron." Thor's gruff voice replied over the ear piece.

Freya and I worked together to either knock the soldiers off the hellicarriers, or to disarm and knock them out.

"Captain! Freya! Romanoff, Barton, Banner, anyone! We need back up, like, really soon! We're apparently above California right now." Stark yelled over the ear piece.

"To the jets!" Natasha yelled, running with a slight limp, Bruce and Clint beside her. I started to go after them when I felt a jerk on my wrist.

"There's no time." Freya said, spinning me around to face her.

I narrowed my eyes in confusion. ''What do you mean?"

"Do you trust me?" She asked, squeezing my hand gently. I nodded. "Of course."

Her face lit up and she smiled. "Romanoff, Barton, Cap and I are taking a different way. Don't wait for us."

"Copy that Agent Taschereau. But may I ask, what are you doing?" Natasha's voice says over our earpieces.

Freya looks up at me and smiles.

"Flying."

"What-"

She tugs on my hand and starts to run towards the gaping hole in the side of the hellicarrier. We reach the edge in the blink of an eye and she does the unthinkable.

She jumps, her hand still holding mine with a vice like grip. Her weight pulls me over the edge, and we're both falling through the air.

"Freya!" I yell, the air rushing past my face. She laughs. "Don't worry Captain. I won't let you die."

A pair of fiery wings unfold behind her, and her eyes grow slightly red. A slightly red aura surrounds her.

Her wings are strong enough to pull us out of our free fall, and we approach the ground at a gradual incline. "Freya, that's amazing!" I yell over the wind.

She smiles. "Thanks! Its one of the things I remembered during my black out!" We near the ground, and she lets go of my hand a few feet off the ground. I land in a roll, and stand up, Freya landing softly beside me.

"Nice entrance you two. Now, please, make yourself useful." Stark says, sounding exasperated.

I grinned. "My pleasure." I jumped into battle, side by side with Freya. She lit her palms on fire, shooting fire rays and blasting fire balls everywhere, incinerating chitauri, knocking back soldiers.

Thor and Loki were fighting, but it looked like Loki was trying to draw Thor somewhere. He was moving in our direction. It made me feel uneasy.

"Freya." I called. She was standing close enough near me to hear what I said without the ear piece.

"Yeah?" She asked, cutting a chitauri down the middle with her Flame Sword.

"Loki and Thor are heading this way, it looks like Loki is doing it deliberately." I say.

She glances over and watches them from the corner of her eye. She comes to stand back to back with me. "You're right. He's coming at an angle, but coming none the less."

I nodded, smashing a chitauri's head in with my shield.

"I got it." She called and started to head towards the pair of fighting brothers. Suddenly, a flash of blue appears in my peripheral vision. In a blur, Freya isn't in front of me. She's on the ground wrestling with none other than;

Her sister.