Chapter 25

Freya Taschereau - Burn

I groaned, sitting up. I tried to rub the side of my head but something held me back. I bolted upright, metal digging into the skin of my wrists in the process.

My eyes opened and were greeted with the sight of piercing blue eyes and a pair of emerald green ones.

I frowned when I saw the eyes of my sister and Loki. "Where the hell am I?" I asked.

I looked around. I was in a dark cell, the metal door just beyond Loki's bent form. The air smelled faintly of mold and something damp, and the only light source was from the blue of Loki's scepter and a few thin beams from something behind me. I was sitting on the ground, my hands were shackled to a chain that wasn't too strong. The metal had a bluish tint to it, and seemed to be the source of the thin light.

"You're in my prison, Lady Burn." Loki said, the smirk in his voice was evident.

"You're chains are a metal alloy, where we added some of your sister's ice to keep you from breaking out." Maggie smirked evily at me as she held a thin ice dagger under my chin, forcing my head up to meet her gaze.

"We'll ask you some questions, my dear sister, and you'll answer them. If not...." She pressed the dagger harder against my neck, making my breath hitch.

She smirked. "I'm sure you get the messege." She withdrew the dagger, and I let my head fall down to a more comfortable elevation.

"What weaknesses can you tell me about your fellow Avengers?" Loki asked, pacing. I scoffed. "Like I'd tell you." A forceful blow landed on my left temple, making stars dance in my vision.

Maggie's fist had collided with my temple, and it felt like my brain had been rattled.

I glared at them both. "Alright then. Lets start with something simple. Who or what is Tony Stark's weakness?" Loki asked, stopping in front of me. I smirked. "He's Tony Stark. He doesn't have any weaknesses." I said, quoting Tony in the process.

Yet another blow, but this time to my cheek. I guess they were refraining from giving me brain permanent damage; after all, they needed the information in there, right?

"Everyone has a weakness." Loki mumbled. "Even you?" I asked, shifting positions. Loki smirked. "That isn't going to work Ms. Taschereau." I shrugged. "Worth a shot."

He laughed, but it did nothing to put me at ease. "I'm sure it was."

"So, you won't tell us Stark's weakness?" I shook my head. He nodded slightly.

Oh crap.

I felt a cold, piercing pain in my left leg. I screeched, the loud, shrill sound escaping my lips before I could hold it back. Maggie had stabbed me in the leg with one of her ice daggers.

I clenched my fists as she withdrew the dagger, wiping the blade on my pant leg. My breathing came in quick, shallow, breaths. I closed my eyes for a moment before I felt a cold hand grab my face.

I opened my eyes and glared into the eyes of Loki Laufeyson. "What about the Hulk? Huge, raging green monster, but yet, the doctor must have a weakness." Loki said. I shook my head, and he let me go.

"No. Neither the doctor or the Hulk has any weaknesses." I say, trying to keep my voice even.

I couldn't give him any information that might put any of my friends or the world in danger.

Another blow, this time a slap, to my right cheek. Oh, there seems to be variety in my sisters' torture methods!

"What about the bird? Hawkeye?" Loki asks. I roll my eyes. "God, will you just give up? None of them have weaknesses!" I cried in exasperation, my voice taking on a sarcastic edge.

Loki smiled. "That's where you're wrong, little Lady Burn. They all have weaknesses, especially that Captain of yours." I grit my teeth and gave him a death glare. "They'll come for me. And when they do, you'll regret ever messing with the Avengers."

Loki grinned evily again. "I hold all the variables. What have I to fear?"

"If you hold all the variables, then why do you need me?"

Loki laughed. "Oh, you're not very bright are you? You see, I don't know all their weaknesses, its true. But I know of Tony Stark's girlfriend, Miss Pepper Potts. And I believe the Black Widow, though she thinks that love is for children, holds feelings she herself cannot and will not confront. And Hawkeye is definitely, undoubtedly, in love with her."

"Thor has his pathetic Jane, and the Captain and you have each other. The only one who's weakness isn't love is your hulking friend. But it would be simple enough to use you or any of the other members against him."

I looked at him, realization dawing on me and making my stomach turn in fear. He sneered at my expression. "Can't you realize it now Lady Burn? You are the bait for the rest of the team. When they arrive here, the first thing I will do is let your sister kill you, right before your lover's eyes. And slowly, painfully, torturously, I will kill the rest of them, letting their enemies deliver the final blow at my command."

A gasp unintentionally escapes my lips, and the fear I had so desperately been trying to hide crept up and was showcased on my horror striken face.

Loki's grin only grows wider and Maggie rolls her eyes.

Maggie.....

My sister, my whole world. She was gone, and replaced by this person I hardly knew, replaced by a girl who not only scorned the affection I felt for her, but hated me and wanted me dead. Her hatred was so thick and violent, I felt like I could drown in it.

"Don't be scared Freya." Maggie says, smirking as she crouches beside me.

"At least you'll be able to see your Captain before you die." Her hand flashed out from beside her, and a crushing blow exploded on the left side of my head, filling the world in with darkness as I slumped to the side.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N

Hey guys!

Did you notice the cover change?

Did you like it?

That new cover was made by the awesome and amazing @BornToSingForever

Go check her profile out, she's really amazing!