Chapter 24

Steve Rogers - Captain America

"No!" I screamed, throwing my shield where his head used to be. "Freya!"

I ran over to the spot where they disappeared and grabbed my shield. I fell to my knees, shaking slightly. "No, no, no, no, no!" I screamed the last part, slamming my fists into the earth.

"What happened?" I heard Natasha ask over the ear piece, fear edging her voice. "He, he took Freya." I whispered, tears streaming down my face.

"Son of a-"

Tony's voice was cut off by a string of Russian swears over the intercom.

"Loki!" Thor yelled, conjuring a bolt of lightening and electrocuting the tree beside him. The Russian swears continued, and an explosion blew up a pile of chitauri bodies, courtesy of one of Barton's arrows.

"Captain!" Fury's voice boomed over the com device. "What is going on down there?"

"Loki took Freya, sir." I say, my voice hollow.

You know that saying, you never know how much something means to you until its gone?

I had known how much Freya meant to me, but I hadn't fully realized it until now. Until now, when I couldn't hold her or talk to her. Now, that Loki had her and I didn't.

I slammed a fist into the ground again, screaming a string of swears I didn't know I had in me.

"We have to get her back." I stood, wiping my face subtly and grabbing my shield. I started to walk over to where the rest of the Avengers stood.

Tony, mask down. Natasha, hands gripping her guns tightly. Clint, his bow by his side, knuckles white from the grip. Thor, his face a mask of anger and shame, his hammer in his grasp. Bruce, wearing some spare clothes Freya had brought along for him for when he transformed back.

I felt another stab of pain in my chest, but I pushed past it. "Does anyone have any idea where Loki might have brought Freya?" I ask.

"No," Tony says. He points behind me. "But he might." I turn, and see the dark haired man who controls the dark matter struggling to stand.

I run over to him and grab him by his uniform front and haul him up. "Where are they?" I demand, my anger welling up.

He chuckles and claws at my hand. "You'll never find her." I slam my fist into his temple. "There. Maybe that'll have knocked some sense into you."

"I will ask you again. Where are they?" I ask. He chuckles. "If he could see you now, falling apart at your little girlfriend's disappearance, he'd be very pleased." I move to punch him again, but something catches my fist.

Natasha holds my fist in both of her hands. "We should get him back to base for professional interrogation." She says. Her eyes glint with a hardened expression.

Natasha is a professional interrogator.

Reluctantly, I nod. "Fine." I say. I put the man down but grab his forearm before he can make a move.

I drag him back to the plane by his forearm, not taking the time to look back and see if he's actually walking or if I'm literally dragging him in the dirt.

I throw him onto the metal floor of the plane and strap myself in. He hits the ground with a loud thud on his right shoulder. He grunts in pain and rolls onto his back. Thor grabs him by the forearm and slams him into a seat, strapping him in.

Natasha handcuffs his hands together and gives him a death glare.

She settles into her co-pilot seat. "Sir, we are making our way back with a prisoner on deck as well."

She informs Director Fury. "Affirmative Agent Romanoff. Any idea where Loki or Agent Taschereau may be?" He asked. "Negative Director. We will interogate the prisoner once we touch down."

"No. I want him interrogated now. I want any and all information as to Agent Tascehreau's or Loki's whereabouts as soon as possible, am I clear Agent Romanoff?"

"Crystal." she responded. Clint pressed the auto pilot button, and they both unstrapped themselves and walked over to us.

"So," Natasha said, arms crossed, legs spread apart, standing infront of the prisoner. "You know what we want. But what do you want?" She asks him.

He looks at her in surprise. "What?" He asks in surprise. I hear her scoff. "Do you need a hearing aid? What do you want?" She asks him impatiently.

He gives her a look but replies, "To get out of here." He says. Natasha shrugs. "Okay. If you give us what we want, we'll give you what you want." She says lightly.

"What?" Tony and I ask at the same time. Clint gives us both looks and shakes his head lightly. Natasha knows what she's doing, he seemed to be trying to say.

I let it go, but watched the interrogtion intently.

"I won't tell you where Loki is." He says stubbornly. "To hell with Loki." Natasha says, waving a hand. "I don't care where he is. He can be in Malibu or Germany for all I care. I want to know where she is." Natasha says.

He smiles and gives me a look. "What, the Captain's girlfriend?" He asks smugly. Natasha gives him a slap, to all our surprise. "What...." Tony says beside me. I shake my head.

"No, not the Captain's girlfriend. I want to know where Freya is. Freya Taschereau. Burn. I don't understand why you can't comprehend that she has a name." Natasha says smoothly.

"Oh, out of curiosity, what's your name, servent of Loki?" She asks. He glares at her. "I am not a servent of Loki." He says. She scoffs. "Yeah, sure. What am I supposed to call you, servent of Loki?" She asks him.

He glares at her. "Devin. Devin Santorina. And who are you, may I ask?" He replied, voice full of venom. "Agent Romanoff." She replied smoothly, her expression remaining nonchalant.

His eyes widened slightly as his eyes traveled up and down her body. "Makes sense." He says after a pause. "You're pretty hot Agent Romanoff." Before Natasha could even open her mouth, a clenched fist rammed into his jaw from the right, making his head snap to the left in a vicious jerk.

Clint gave him a death glare. "Stop eye raping her and just cooperate." He seethed, crossing his arms to stop from hurting Santorina even more.

Natasha gave him a small smile before returning her gaze back to Devin Santorina. "Back to the first topic. Where's Freya?" She asked, still smiling slightly.

His eyes travel the plane's interior before landing on mine. He sneered. "Loki wants to break you, wants to watch you all break on the inside before killing you all. The only way you'll ever see Freya again as at the moment of her death."

Before I know what I'm doing, I run forward and punch him, connecting with his right cheek and sending his head shooting to the side.

I punch him in the chest and gut before Clint, Bruce, and Tony manage to get me away from him.

"You son of a gun!" I yell, struggling against my fellow Avenger's grasps. "You're lying! I will see her again, and we will save her you arrogent piece of shit!"

As they pull me away, I hear Natasha trying to ask Santorina some more questions, but his eyes are trained on me.

I return his cool gaze with a glare as fear and anger rise inside of me.

What if I'm to late to save her?

What if I'm ALREADY to late to save her?